Qantas Green frequent flyer tier

confession: i've never booked a flight intending to cancel for a refund before, but i'll need to in order to get the last flights tick. do i read correctly the only way to do so is a domestic business flight? Assuming cancel within 24hrs will cancel the green tick.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Has anyone had any issues/delays with Green Tier benefits crediting for accommodation? Last time my leaf / bonus points came through well before the standard accommodation points, but this time the standard points came through a month after booking, but no leaf/green tier points. Worth an enquiry at this point?
I just finished a stay at Ovolo Canberra for my last leaf.

Two days later, I have the leaf as well as the Green Tier bonus points for the stay.

Of course, the standard points for the stay have not arrived yet. I anticipate they will take a month.

If you haven't received your leaf and it's been so long, I think reaching out is warranted.
 
confession: i've never booked a flight intending to cancel for a refund before, but i'll need to in order to get the last flights tick. do i read correctly the only way to do so is a domestic business flight? Assuming cancel within 24hrs will cancel the green tick.
I’m in the same boat, only having international J fares in forward bookings to offset at a high cost, currently.

Thinking to book a one way short domestic CR, and just give up the 6K points lost for the cancelation after the leaf shows up. I would also be paying the offset in points, and it may well be a net saving in points difference vs offsetting a business fare.

Cheers,
Matt.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top