Qantas doesn't care about priority boarding | Page 15 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas doesn't care about priority boarding

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Another couple of data points.
SYD-AKL last week, priority boarding enforced for a bus gate 😂
But hey it was the thought that counted.
Today SYD-PER. IME boarding an A330 in the priority queue is usually an absolute sh*t show. Not today, ground staff making several announcements, moving people out of the queue who should have been in the Y queue.
Baby steps but I think we might be getting there.
Were they using two aerobridges to board the A330 in SYD?

Just boarded QF 692 MEL-CBR. Working like advertised. 2 lane of PB pax boarded first. Then remainder. Used back stairs over the tarmac for row 15 back. No one here was confused. Everyone where they were supposed to be. Very fast and straightforward. It seems it’s only taken a week to get all pax into the new mode of operation. Well done QF MEL!

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
UL enforce PB for bus gates. It means you get a seat and others stand.
UL for business class PB supply a bus just for business class - as do FlyDubai, S7 and any number of others. The great unwashed get bussed out, while J pax relax in err, the gate lounge :rolleyes: 😄. The the J bus delivers its pax and the doors close soon afterwards.

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
UL for business class PB supply a bus just for business class - as do FlyDubai, S7 and any number of others. The great unwashed get bussed out, while J pax relax in err, the gate lounge :rolleyes: 😄. The the J bus delivers its pax and the doors close soon afterwards.
Sometimes it an an exclusive bus for J, other times shared. I am about 50/50 so far.

PineappleSkip

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Sometimes it an an exclusive bus for J, other times shared. I am about 50/50 so far.
EK have it down to a tee for the remote gates in DXB. The F bus, sumptuous leather seats and sea of gold bling, which waits for the F pax, followed by the J bus for the J pax. Only falls down if you’re embarking in J and miss your bus.

I would be impressed if QF bung on priority buses. We deserve such.

Cheers skip

monoccular

Intern
I must say that whilst Qantas has for many years totally ignored the priority boarding promised in their advertising, over the past few weeks they appear to be getting their act together (at least for inter capital flights) at MEL BNE and PER and calling priority PAX first and also in enforcing the priority lanes when there are priority PAX boarding.
It remains to be seen if this will last, or if it will ever be extended to the regional flights from the capitals, or from regional airports (though these are not major concerns to most of us).

nutwood

Some recent data points. Boarding Mel/Syd 26/11; I approached the PB queue and took note of another pax joining the alternative queue at the same time. Both queues boarded together and the economy queue passenger was about four in front of me.
Same experiment Syd/Mel on the 29th, I was neck and neck with the economy passenger.
Syd/Mel yesterday (6/12), by the time I got to the gate, only the economy lane was boarding, so I presume they had boarded the priority lane first. I went up the priority lane and was passed into the air bridge queue immediately. Interestingly, when I got on the plane, only two seats in J were occupied. I had left the lounge before the flight was called, so presumably most of the priority passengers would not have gained any benefit, unless they'd made the effort to be at the gate ahead of time. Given the potential for delays, I can't see that many would have bothered.

mflyer100

Qantas
Silver
Another data point, HBA this past Friday. Priority boarding went through both scanners as regular boarding was taped off so I had to wait with my fellow "great unwashed" ;)

DC3

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Another data point, HBA this past Friday. Priority boarding went through both scanners as regular boarding was taped off so I had to wait with my fellow "great unwashed" ;)
How humiliating to be watching the elites breezing on board. 🤣

drron

Enthusiast
Mel-BNE today.premium queue boarded first though only 6 of us in that queue.
Premium baggage though back to normal.To be fair 3 more bags came out after mine. :(

nutwood

Mel-BNE today.premium queue boarded first though only 6 of us in that queue.
Premium baggage though back to normal.To be fair 3 more bags came out after mine. :(
I'm wondering if they are smoothing the way by calling for premium pax to board, before issuing the boarding call in the lounge?

AFF on Air Podcast

• Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmenzel