Qantas Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Febs said:
Just an update - I've received my tickets (paper - how 90's!) and I've been booked in B class for all OW flights.
I would expect discount economy SC's only. Hope your experience is different!

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Febs said:
Cheers. :)
Just an update - I've received my tickets (paper - how 90's!) and I've been booked in B class for all OW flights.

Cheers,
- Febs.
B class is good for AA Q-Points earning. Earns 1.5 EQP/mile, which is the same as business and first class.

Dave Noble

NM said:
B class is good for AA Q-Points earning. Earns 1.5 EQP/mile, which is the same as business and first class.

And a perfect run for candy stealing with SYD-LHR-SYD earning about 42,292 miles and 31,720 qpoints

Dave

simongr

Enthusiast
I think Febs has previously refused to steal the candy - much as we try to pusuade them ...

Dave Noble

simongr said:
I think Febs has previously refused to steal the candy - much as we try to pusuade them ...

ah well, mebe 42,292 miles and 31,720 qpoints vs 31,620 miles and 120SCs might be an encouragement :)

Dave

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
simongr said:
It just turns out that B fares are the best value for candy stealing and worst value for QF status earning.

simongr

Enthusiast
Dave Noble said:
ah well, mebe 42,292 miles and 31,720 qpoints vs 31,620 miles and 120SCs might be an encouragement :)

Dave

I think it was the accumulated QF points and the requirement to book to reward flights next year that was the problem - insufficient AApoints would be earned between now and reward flight to justify AAdv - post the reward flight AAdv might be the option.
We know way too much about the personal lives of complete strangers .... :shock:

Febs

Established Member
simongr said:
We know way too much about the personal lives of complete strangers .... :shock:

:D

You got it in one though - it's the fact that I'm saving for 2 x SYD-LAX-SYD flights next September, and if I switched FF programs now I wouldn't get there.

Once I DO have enough points for those flights however, then I'll go candy stealing. If all goes to plan I might have a SYD-LAX flight in J next year (maybe even 2), with US domestic flights on AA in first (which were a great SC earner earlier this year :)).

Cheers,
- Febs.

Febs

Established Member
JohnK said:
I would expect discount economy SC's only. Hope your experience is different!

60SC's - yep.
We'll chalk the SYD-HKG full SC's down to a mistake on QF's part then. :)

Mind you, I think they owe me the full SC's given the stuffing around BA has been doing. :D Thanks to three *very* late passengers at BKK, we landed at LHR well after my connecting flight (to Stockholm dep 740) had departed (over an hour and a half late all up). Given the option of an SAS flight, or first in line on the waitlist for BA flight (dep 1120), I chose the BA flight as I desperately wanted a relaxing shower/sit down. I was told it was "very likely" I'd get a seat on the BA flight.

...which of course, I didn't. :(

So back to the connections desk, where I found out every flight is full (but the other people who were waitlisted, who I don't think had any status and got to the connections desk after me) managed to get themselves onto the last two seats on a Lufthansa flight via FRA.

Argh, so now I'm waitlisted again (with "** PPP **" status, this time) for a 1405 flight on BA. Apparently I'm "guaranteed" a seat, as the connections desk lady (who was lovely) said she spoke to a manager and confirmed it. If I do get on the 1405 flight, I think I'll be writing a letter to BA to praise her...even though she missed the Lufthansa option.

(Sorry to fill this thread with a rant, but I've got time to kill ;)).

Cheers,
- Febs.

Febs

Established Member
Good news - I got on the 1405 flight.

Bad news - my baggage didn't.

To be honest, this whole experience has meant I'll be happy if I never have to fly BA again (which of course, I do, several times over the next few weeks...)

Transform your lounge room (or any indoor space) into your own private movie theatre in just a few seconds.

Our Mini Pocket Projector is small, light and easily transportable. A must have!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..