Status
Not open for further replies.

SOPOOR

Established Member
one of my family memebrs received the qantas cash card randomly

we all have a QFF account but only that person has received it

read the information attached,

ultra confused on what it actually is??

is it a credit card or just a membership card?

also has the option of loading upin foregin currency, which also confuses the hell out of me

am I getting too old for this? haha

There are quite a few threads on this. Basically it's a prepaid currency card that allows you to load cash into certain currencies and use it where mastercard is taken, everybody will have the facility on the back of their card within 12 months, you don't have to use it and there are other ways to save money when travelling. If you want to lock in exchange rates for a trip or use it as a debit card to earn points domestically its good.

Its also just your frequent flyer card, to replace the one you already had.

There are quite a few threads on this. Basically it's a prepaid currency card that allows you to load cash into certain currencies and use it where mastercard is taken, everybody will have the facility on the back of their card within 12 months, you don't have to use it and there are other ways to save money when travelling. If you want to lock in exchange rates for a trip or use it as a debit card to earn points domestically its good.

oops sorry, Ill havea look at the other ones

I never got an actual QFF card originally, so this is all new to me

Its got a PIN number that cant be changed either. I bit of a limitation.

I have loaded a few currencies and will try it out at Xmas.

If they aren't competitive I'll ditch it.

Its got a PIN number that cant be changed either. I bit of a limitation.

I have loaded a few currencies and will try it out at Xmas.

If they aren't competitive I'll ditch it.

If you loaded other currencies you already know the answer to that (in fact you could tell before you loaded).

I decided to try it out too. The exchange rates look to be fairly similar to the other credit and debit cards I own and unlike the nabtraveller card there is no fee for loading money onto the card, but the nabtraveller doesn't charge an overseas ATM fee so probably not much between them in the end. Annoying you can't change the pin but the nabtraveller has the same limitation. The nabtraveller does give you a secondary card you can use if your primary card is lost. Not sure how long a replacement qantas card would take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back