Qantas A380 to LHR returning sooner?

RichardMEL

If you must have F you could potentially find another award (maybe). If QF downguage and put you in J, you'd get the points difference back anyway.

I agree with others snap them up while they are there for the taking (noting readers of this thread may have gone and grabbed them already!)

at end of the day you can always cancel but if you don't grab when available you may NEVER get that chance again.

henrylam359

If you must have F you could potentially find another award (maybe). If QF downguage and put you in J, you'd get the points difference back anyway.

I agree with others snap them up while they are there for the taking (noting readers of this thread may have gone and grabbed them already!)

at end of the day you can always cancel but if you don't grab when available you may NEVER get that chance again.

I actually am happy with Business Class however only F comes up for me in the Classic Reward for these flights

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

henrylam359

yeah I snagged the return leg of my journey but lacking 30,000 points to book the Syd - Ldn leg. Still waiting for Qantas to credit me back points for my cancelled rewards booking a couple of days ago

TheRealTMA

Qantas
Platinum
yeah I snagged the return leg of my journey but lacking 30,000 points to book the Syd - Ldn leg. Still waiting for Qantas to credit me back points for my cancelled rewards booking a couple of days ago
QF just had a flash points sale with 50% bonus points. Not sure but I think it's now finished.

jpp42

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum

FYI, the IATA city code for the London area is "LON" and the airport code for London Heathrow is LHR. LDN is the code for Lamidanda, a tiny airport in Nepal.

BLK343

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I have also been looking at the LHR-SYD (via SIN) flights and yesterday they had P=5 or P=7 on almost every day for late June. Today, when I looked it up, they were all gone! :( Doubt they got snapped up as the seat maps still look available ... Will call to find out.

Edited:
As per EF, A388 is scheduled from 20 June 2022 onwards and I assume this is in line with the new route SYD-FCO from 22 June where B787 will be operating

Update after call to QF:
Agent tried to submit a request to release Award seat in F for late June but was rejected by system. Load still good ...
1639773050332.png
Seatmap:
1639773138018.png

Last edited:

BriarFlyer

I'd been looking at dates in Nov and there was F availability on many, many days both ways but after this change that's all gone as well. I could post a screenshot from EF but it's the same as yours BLK343.

jrfsp

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Anyone know what loads are like on QF1/2/9/10 at the moment?

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..