QANTAS 2020 100th anniversary | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QANTAS 2020 100th anniversary

ffhound

I think Qantas should celebrate this event by painting all its planes with the Retroroo livery. :)

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
The text suggests otherwise?

Running smoothly
The outbreak of the Second World War in 1939 had major consequences for KLM’s European network and flights to the Dutch colonies in what is now Indonesia. But it had less impact on KLM’s West-Indian Operation, which was running smoothly. The day after war broke out in Europe, on 3 September 1939, KLM launched a new scheduled service between Curacao and Paramaribo (Suriname) via Trinidad.
Who knows. There’s multiple reputable websites stating these services started later - and Qantas is still making the claim. Then there’s the argument that KLM no longer exists because it was sucked up into the AF corporate entity. I don’t think KLM has ever challenged Qantas directly for the title, so I’m guessing there must be some truth in it.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Who knows. There’s multiple reputable websites stating these services started later - and Qantas is still making the claim. Then there’s the argument that KLM no longer exists because it was sucked up into the AF corporate entity. I don’t think KLM has ever challenged Qantas directly for the title, so I’m guessing there must be some truth in it.
I guess if you are the world's oldest airline you don't need to use any qualifiers :)

CaptJCool

Established Member
All right, I played around with various combinations of departure points to the 56 destinations factoring in no Lord Howe and new Bendigo

With sales fares one way is about $11,500. Of course doing them as return trips that’s $23,000.

Some adjustments as in one way or shorter trips. Princely sum of $21,000

KitKat

All right, I played around with various combinations of departure points to the 56 destinations factoring in no Lord Howe and new Bendigo

With sales fares one way is about $11,500. Of course doing them as return trips that’s $23,000.

Some adjustments as in one way or shorter trips. Princely sum of $21,000
Will the QFF SC calculator work out the total SCs?

CaptJCool

Established Member
Will the QFF SC calculator work out the total SCs?
There’s

23 x QLD,10 x NSW, 9 x WA, 4 x SA, 3 x Vic, 3 x Tas, 3 x NT, 1 x ACT

40 return (Ex Bris, Perth or Adel to other capital cities)
23 dog legs. (Couple of cross country journeys in this)
5 one way journey

So that’s at least 800 + 460 + 50 + loyalty bonuses ? 50 x 2.

That would a platinum status maketh

Obviously some city pairs will be more SCs than the min 10

CaptJCool

Established Member
Ok, an update

With the current Advance Australia sale, it prices at a minimum of $15,015......

HS-TQE

Easily. Just change the claim from "Qantas" to "Qantas Group".
Jetstar and QantasLink were not grounded.
QantasLink were flying under the QF code with planes in QF livery (despite the "Link" at the end of Qantas in a different colour), so technically it still counts as "Qantas" (if people were to ignore the "Link" at the end). ;)

Altair

QantasLink were flying under the QF code with planes in QF livery (despite the "Link" at the end of Qantas in a different colour), so technically it still counts as "Qantas" (if people were to ignore the "Link" at the end). ;)
JetConnect operated flights on behalf of QF, under the QF code and livery throughout the shutdown as well.

D

Deleted member 29185

I think Qantas should celebrate this event by painting all its planes with the Retroroo livery. :)
I don't. We'd all end up paying for it!

To paraphrase an old line, if you need to say you're classy, you're not.
I tell everyone I'm most definitely NOT classy, so ... does that mean I actually am? :D

CaptJCool

Established Member
Finally got to doing the status credit calc

From closest point to destination

It’s 625 so the unprincely total of 1250 for running to 56 destinations

From home destination so adding in the dog legs 1250 for 2500 but at a considerable more cost of the extra flights from home to transit city.

PS Also, I added in Lord Howe IsLand and gulped at that pricing. Captive audience with little change from $1000 for a 2 hour trip. Gosh could fly twice to Hong Kong on the specials for that !

AIRwin

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Happy 99th Birthday... with a Hundred Hour Sale! Will we all each receive 100 status credits next year to celebrate your Centenary?

CaptJCool

Established Member
Well the email came out today

Qantas teaming up with the Royal Mint - buy and be one of 10 winning 100,000 points ...

CaptJCool

Established Member
Well coulda been QFA2020

But was QFA7879

D44F94E0-864C-450E-A17D-AF93EB8A5648.png
Landed 12.28pm today
19 hours 19 mins

Last edited:

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
And first commercial service of the 100th aircraft will reported be QF127 SYDHKG Saturday 16/11

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortheloveofflying