Problems with ATM's in Indo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrA

My illustrious employer has just sent around an email saying that people's Visa cards are having problems with ATM's throughout Indonesia recently, and that we shouldn't rely on our Visa cards while there. Apparently it's not an issue with Mastercard, but I don't know. There wasn't a lot of detail in the email.

Sadly, all my debit and credit cards are Visa branded. Has anyone noticed this problem? Know if it's just with certain ATM's? Found an alternative solution that doesn't involve purchasing huge wads of IDR from Travelex?

There's reports that Visa will work in some ATM's but it sounds a bit hit and miss. Until they fix the problem I wouldn't rely on it, either take a MasterCard based card or cash. If you go the cash route I'd just take AUD and exchange it over there, you'll get a much better exchange rate than here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back