Points Club - new bonuses and benefits!

dylarr

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
PCP "Exclusive flying offers throughout the year"

Has this been happening, beside the DSC promo in 2021?
Been PCP since early 2021 and the only "exclusive flying offers" I've received was the DSC promo that ran about this time last year.

http_x92

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Will keep an eye to see if Points club exclusive DSC offer happens again, since it happened in May last year as well. I do know there was already a DSC offer for everyone earlier this year however. There has to be an 'exclusive' flying offer somewhere ;)

nickfromeastryde

Hi everyone, haven't posted for a while as not been taking any flights but starting again this weekend. Just a quick question regarding Qantas Club membership granted with Points Club Plus which I have just regained. As part of the QC membership, can I take a guest into the lounge? I had a sneaking suspicion from when Points Club Plus was launched that this wasn't a benefit but can't find anything on the Qantas site that says Yes or No.

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

sudoer

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Just a quick question regarding Qantas Club membership granted with Points Club Plus which I have just regained. As part of the QC membership, can I take a guest into the lounge? I had a sneaking suspicion from when Points Club Plus was launched that this wasn't a benefit but can't find anything on the Qantas site that says Yes or No.

A Qantas Club membership gained through PC+ is exactly the same as a paid membership, so yes, you are entitled to one guest (and up to 2 children at QF lounges)

HSB44

Intern
There would be few. I have all of 82 status credits this membership year and I am only 120000 points short of PCP - with 4 months to go. There are plenty of us with high spend/ high card churn who don't fly a lot. I am not going to go out of my way to qualify for PCP, but if I planned to fly more next year I would.
Me too.
With covid, a young family, and no longer in a job with much travel... Ive lost my status.

Qantas club membership in itself is not really worth chasing (esp with all the unused complimentary passes I have), but it's certainly a nice bonus for the card churning that I would be doing anyway. Dsc promotion is actually a good idea, seems quite un-Qantas like - I wonder if Joyce knows about this promotion? 😂

Virgin Bart

Established Member
I know, right? I gave up drinking almost a year ago. Since then I have been surprised to realise just how much our society is based around alcohol and how much our individual values seem to be gauged in terms of alcohol.
Congratulations. This is something I've always wanted to do, but am still a long way off.