Platinum travel credit extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlob

Just received a letter in the post. The travel credit one receives with Amex platinum can now be used on Pre paid flights hotels and car hire via platinum travel.

FYI, you can also use the website to book this now. No need to separately contact PTS.

Still waiting for my renewal to tick over in July before I can use it ......

I tried to book but could not see anywhere where I could apply the credit!
very annoying.

Worked fine for me. Trying to book some internal European fares on BA - same price as BA web site, and applied the credit.

Funny receipt though - they show the fare separately to the taxes and charges. The credit was defected from the fare - so I have a negative priced fare - with lots of taxes (typical of BA short haul economy, taxes and charges are way more than the "fare").

I tried to book but could not see anywhere where I could apply the credit!
very annoying.

You have to be signed in. It will show the credit amount and available date. When you get to the payment, it allows you to apply the credit. Be careful with the pay using points - it tries to default to this. Had to type points back to zero to use the card.

Was not totally painless booking, but not too bad.

probably cause I didn't get that far
I'm trying to book an air berlin ticket or a norwegian air both are not showing on their site.
maybe too el cheapo for amex??
actually not in their drop down list!
Oh well guess Ill have to use for domestic, now that that is possible.

Last edited:
Funny receipt though - they show the fare separately to the taxes and charges. The credit was defected from the fare - so I have a negative priced fare - with lots of taxes (typical of BA short haul economy, taxes and charges are way more than the "fare").

And now that the charge has posted to the Amex, even stranger charge. All paid as a single booking for 2 pax, one transaction on Amex travel site.

Have one charge for full fare, charged via BA merchant, other charge for fare amount - credit value charged by Amex travel merchant. Get bonus points on only the small amount charged by Amex travel. Not a lot of points, and happy to be able to use the credit, so not bothered to query, but really convoluted charge. I would suspect that the process was having the "online" booking collect details and then someone manually created this monster except that it was obviously a straight through booking - as the ref generated immediately and I was able to select seats on the BA web site. I still suspect that the charging the card might be manually handled.

Has anyone received an indication of which airlines are allowable? I'm wanting to book flights online but the fares are with Virgin/Air NZ and they are mixing up the food/no food type classes which is annoying. Also dumb to have one way with no baggage and return with baggage...

Not sure if Virgin is considered 'low cost'… hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back