Platinum Reserve still exists as companion

Status
Not open for further replies.

phamid

Intern
Hi All,

Just a heads up for new Platinum Charge owners. You might notice that whilst Platinum Reserve isn't mentioned on the Amex Platinum Charge webpage (or anywhere on Amex's website), you're still eligible to apply for it as a free companion card.

Simply call up a rep and request for an application. Better yet, instead of waiting for it to arrive in the mail, they can fax it to you. I don't think they have the online application available.

I'm happy to say that I've done this earlier this week and been approved, making my Amex personal card portfolio total to four (Green, Platinum, Edge, Reserve)!

Co-incidentally, I've been recently trying to get the Reserve as a companion card. Amex says that as the application form is not available on-line, they will mail it out to me. However, my first request was over two weeks ago and the second was a week later, and nothing so far. This is unusual as I always get Amex mail delivered pretty quickly.

The fax is not convenient as I don't want it going to my workplace. And they can't email it out it seems.

Is there any benefit to having the platinum reserve if you have the edge????

now there are no green and gold charge in amex australia website
only a pt charge card with 1200 dollars annual fee:evil:

Nothing wrong with that, I think they're pushing Plat Edge for the same price as green + Ascent membership fee.

for everyday use, pt edge would a good choice, triple for major supermarts plus free ticket. that could basically cover the annual fee. but the major supermarkets do not include Costco...last week I spent 800+ and daydreaming about 2400+ points... totally forget to check the t&cs my heart still bleeding till now

I mix and match the cards to whats best for MR points. Definitely will keep using the Edge for supermarkets, but will mainly use the Platinum Charge for dining and other expenses, whereas I'll leave the Green in the drawer in case I want to drop Platinum.

Does anyone have a link to the available flight destinations for the platinum reserve companion? Cheers

Hi All,

If anyone would like, here's a link to the latest (may 2015) Free hotel stay list.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7604486/PRCC_HotelNightStayOffer.pdf

there's a few great hotels there.

interestingly though, when I went to apply for the reserve companion, the rep said that I have too many amex cards (velocity & edge) he said to get the reserve I would need to convert one of the cards over. I went with the velocity, however I did mention that I had not redeem my complimentary flight. the rep said that's fine as the conversion of accounts wouldn't be for at least 7-10 days. So he forwards me onto the flight redemption department to which the lady on the other line says that the account has already been converted and my free velocity flight was GONE........ :shock:

have emailed amex to see if anything can be done....

Hi kaktusdigital,

I'm in the same boat as you as I already have 2 credit cards. I was planning to convert my velocity platinum too. Did they do a Veda check as part of the conversion?
I'm about to apply for platinum charge & would like to avoid 2 pings if I can given I'd be looking for the same limit on my platinum reserve as on the velocity platinum.

When I applied for each of the Platinum Charge card, the companion Platinum Reserve and the Platinum Edge, at about the same time, all 3 registered as hits to my Veda file. These were new applications, not conversion.

There was comment on another thread that AMEX allow up to three cards.

Hi kaktusdigital,

I'm in the same boat as you as I already have 2 credit cards. I was planning to convert my velocity platinum too. Did they do a Veda check as part of the conversion?
I'm about to apply for platinum charge & would like to avoid 2 pings if I can given I'd be looking for the same limit on my platinum reserve as on the velocity platinum.

I'll let you know.. I hope they didn't ping anything especially as its a conversion.

ok, amex are a pretty good bunch. on conversion of the velocity card to the free companion reserve they've automatically refunded a pro-rata amount of the velocity plat annual fee. Also on receiving my email about missing out on being able to redeem my complimentary velocity flight they offered to credit $200 to my account. Perhaps I've been jaded by other rubbish companies customer service, but so far its been such a great experience with them. Even when things go wrong they seem to know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back