Platinum Reserve Card

Does not look impressive. Identical design to my other card. AMEX must be using the same design across cards no longer available to new applicants.

Another change for the worse. Glad the Apple Pay image hasn't been updated yet. Interesting Amex AU this time sent an email notifying the card design change, which they've never done before (as far as I can remember, 'cause so many cards have reimaged over the years but I've never received emails like this, including Amex Platinum, QBR, Platinum Edge ). Maybe it's because "This new Card design is made from 85% recycled plastic" as the email said? It's really something all companies see a need to advertise about nowadays.
IMG_0430.jpg
IMG_0429.jpg

Another change for the worse. Glad the Apple Pay image hasn't been updated yet. Interesting Amex AU this time sent an email notifying the card design change, which they've never done before (as far as I can remember, 'cause so many cards have reimaged over the years but I've never received emails like this, including Amex Platinum, QBR, Platinum Edge ). Maybe it's because "This new Card design is made from 85% recycled plastic" as the email said? It's really something all companies see a need to advertise about nowadays.
View attachment 355573
View attachment 355574
How many AU cards do you have? 🤣

Does not look impressive. Identical design to my other card. AMEX must be using the same design across cards no longer available to new applicants.
Platinum Reserve Card | Amex AU (americanexpress.com)

Looks to me like you can still apply - you just have to hold either of the two nominated cards. New applicants don't receive the $400 travel credit that earlier applicants received, that's all.

I'm one of the lucky grandfathered holders still accessing the travel credit - amazed (but happy) that they haven't removed this yet

Oh, and for the record, I didn't get an email advising the design change

Slightly off topic. I have had this card since 2005. I didn’t apply for it, a pre approved offer with a $13k limit just turned up in the post one day, all I had to do was sign the sheet of paper to accept the offer and return post (no fins, employment history etc required) and so I signed it just to see what happened and within a week I had the card.

With the card’s change to accompany the Platinum Charge Card, I retained the card and only received the comp Priority Pass membership benefit. I’m still on the original $195 yearly fee.

Slightly off topic. I have had this card since 2005. I didn’t apply for it, a pre approved offer with a $13k limit just turned up in the post one day, all I had to do was sign the sheet of paper to accept the offer and return post (no fins, employment history etc required) and so I signed it just to see what happened and within a week I had the card.

With the card’s change to accompany the Platinum Charge Card, I retained the card and only received the comp Priority Pass membership benefit. I’m still on the original $195 yearly fee.

Probably you should reach out to the Amex Platinum Customer Rep and ask them for making it complimentary in lieu of the Platinum Charge card ( assuming you have it ).

Do you use this card as a primary card or is it just for PP benefit ? If it's just the priority pass benefit it does not justify the AF and there might be other options to help you with better benefits and also some points along the way , if you are keen.

YMMV.

Probably you should reach out to the Amex Platinum Customer Rep and ask them for making it complimentary in lieu of the Platinum Charge card ( assuming you have it ).

Do you use this card as a primary card or is it just for PP benefit ? If it's just the priority pass benefit it does not justify the AF and there might be other options to help you with better benefits and also some points along the way , if you are keen.

YMMV.

I don’t have the Platinum card. I think it was initially a Membership Rewards card that changed to Platinum Reserve card. I’ve used the PP three times that I can recall - just not great value when you have to pay for an accompanying guest. I am thinking of ditching the card next year, with the point devaluation to SQ and others, it is less attractive. My partner has the Plat Edge and I have a supp card on that.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back