Platinum Lounge Access Partners - Marco Polo Gold extended...ongoing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcat123

This is new to me.

Surfing the AMEX platinum site today, I noticed the Marco Polo gold membership looks like it has been extended on an ongoing basis to Platinum Card holders, previously it was planned to expire after one year.
This is good news, and could mean I can ditch my chase for continual status on Qantas.

There are also access to new AMEX lounges in Argentina, Brazil, India and Mexico too.

I've checked my Marco Polo account and [edit] - well on rechecking, my status shows expiry on 30 Nov 2012, but I expect that to roll over based on these news.

Helps recover a bit from the lost insurances benefits...a bit.;)

----------------
from the website
----------------
PLATINUM LOUNGE ACCESS PARTNERS

Enjoy access to airport lounges throughout the world. Your Platinum Lounge Finder provides key details and location information. See below for more information about our Partners, including any access requirements.
·Airline Lounge Partners

You can access 620 lounges run by our partner airlines. For access to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges, Delta Sky Club® and US Airways® Club, you’ll just need to present your Platinum Card and boarding pass*.
For Cathay Pacific and oneworld, present your Marco Polo Club Gold membership card and your boarding pass for travel on any participating oneworld carrier at the lounge**.
The oneworld alliance airlines include: airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Qantas Airways, Royal Jordanian Airlines and S7 Airlines.
The Marco Polo Club's Gold membership is complimentary for the primary Platinum Card member.

t+c
*The Platinum member must present his or her valid Platinum Charge Card, a government-issued I.D. and same-day airline ticket on the respective carrier to club agents Ticket not required for US Airways® Club. Codeshare and affiliated lounge agreements may not apply in all cases. Age requirements and policies for admittance to Airport Club Lounges vary by airline and location. Card members must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Participating airlines and locations are subject to change.
**Enrolment is open to basic Platinum Card members only. Full Terms and Conditions of The Marco Polo Club’s Gold membership can be found at....
·Priority Pass™

Present your Priority Pass membership card for access to over 600 lounges in their program. Enrolment is complimentary for the Basic Platinum Card member.

t+c
One complimentary membership per Platinum account, with a reduced membership of USD269 per year available for one Supplementary Platinum Card member per account. Please allow at least 10 working days for your Priority Pass© Card via post. You will be required to show your Priority Pass Card on entry. Partners and benefits are subject to change without notice. Number of guests’ vary by lounge, for additional fee of USD27 per guest.
·American Express Lounges

t+c
To access lounges, present your Platinum Card and government issued ID. In Brazil: Platinum Card member and up to two travel companions OR Cardmember's immediate family may enter the Brazilian airport lounges at no cost. For any additional guests, the Card member will be charged R$15.00 per person (exception: no additional guests allowed in Congonhas lounges). In India: Platinum Card member and up to one complimentary guest allowed and any additional guests will be charged INR750 per person. In Mexico: Platinum Card member and up to 4 guests may enter the lounge at no cost. In Argentina: Platinum member may bring up to 1 guest at no cost.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION The lounge search tool does not include all partner lounge locations. Lounges and participating partners are subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
Ohhh I wonder if this means that Centurion will get an extension of the diamond MP!

Hmm...I also notice from the Amex Plat site that MPC Gold + 1 guest have access to SYD F lounge, but not in MEL.
If this is correct, then it does take some of the sting out of the insurance cutbacks.

EDIT: You must be Plat member as well for this benefit.

OPh I wish it was so Bobcat123.
I just rang Amex, as I have been waiting for a while to apply for MPC Gold to get the best for the complimentary 12 months fitting in to my travel plans..
They confirmed that the complimentary Gold only lasts for 12 months.
After that you must fulfill the Cathay requirements toretain it.
The current application form on the Amex site expires 15th February 2013.

I also believe that MPC Gold do not have access to any First Lounge.

Actually the OP is right - go to the AMEX Platinum site - www.americanexpress.com.au/platinum -> Platinum Lounge Finder -> SYD it does show Qantas International First with these requirements...

[h=2]ACCESS REQUIREMENTS[/h]The Platinum Card member must show a Marco Polo Club Gold membership Card in his name and boarding pass for same-day travel on theoneworld carrier's operated flight
Sounds too good to be true?!

If it was on a Qantas website i would believe it.
On Amex... An error

If it was on a Qantas website i would believe it.
On Amex... An error

Really? After the QF lounge access on the website debacle where AFF basically corrected all the info on the website...

What I heard is that AMEX (and Cathay) do not want to guarantee that your Gold membership will be extended after one-year.

I guess it totally depends on how this benefit is abused? :)

I used my AU issued Plat Charge card in USA recently and had no problem accessing any of the AA clubs (5+) I tried.

Hmm...I also notice from the Amex Plat site that MPC Gold + 1 guest have access to SYD F lounge, but not in MEL.
If this is correct, then it does take some of the sting out of the insurance cutbacks.

EDIT: You must be Plat member as well for this benefit.

So does this mean if I am flying with any OW airline and flash my Marco Polo Gold and Amex plat card that I can access the QF Flounge?

So does this mean if I am flying with any OW airline and flash my Marco Polo Gold and Amex plat card that I can access the QF Flounge?

That's what it says in the AMEX Platinum site... I never bother applying for MPC Gold as I'm already Gold with QF but this would obviously change my perspective :)

Could somebody with MPC Gold and AMEX Plat try this and report back please?

Last edited:
I would think its a typo. F lounge is strictly for F and Emerald only. Cx gold is sapphire, so dragons will not let you in for sure. It is unlikely that Amex has negotiated with ALL OW lounges for this either.

I would think its a typo. F lounge is strictly for F and Emerald only. Cx gold is sapphire, so dragons will not let you in for sure. It is unlikely that Amex has negotiated with ALL OW lounges for this either.

Having just looked at several of the lounges that the Amex page tells me I can access with a MPC gold (OWS) and my AMEX Plat card it looks like all of CX's first lounges or their partner first lounges around the worldf. They can't all be typo's can they?

Having just looked at several of the lounges that the Amex page tells me I can access with a MPC gold (OWS) and my AMEX Plat card it looks like all of CX's first lounges or their partner first lounges around the worldf. They can't all be typo's can they?

Looks like its OWE benefits, maybe copy and paste job from Centurion/MPC Diamond?

On the UK AMEX Plat Charge card site it states definitively 1 year only on MP Gold, I'd be surprised if AU was any different TBH.

Hi FFlyers,
Just wondering where exactly on the AMEX Plat australia site it states about the Marco Polo Club benefit?
Has this offer expired now?

Thanks

Hi Euroflyer

Log onto the Amex Platinum Website, click benefits directory, scroll down to Platinum Lounge Finder (bottom left of the page) and click that.

You are looking for this.
The Marco Polo Club's Gold membership is complimentary for the primary Platinum Card member. Not enrolled yet? enrol here
That will bring up a PDF form. Fill it in and send off to Amex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back