Platinum Edge - Household vs Personal income

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadboy

Intern
Hi All,

I am looking to get the Platinum card as a student aged 21. My income is roughly 25k which is obviously under the 50k requirement.

I noticed however, on the application it now states a requirement of 50k household income. A while back the requirement was a personal 50k income if I remember correctly.

If I include household income from my parents, my figure would increase to 100k.

Does this mean I should be in with a good chance at approval based on the income requirements? Side note my Veda score is good (650ish).

Thanks for your help.

Cadboy it depends on the information that you provide them and how thoroughly they decide to check it.
I see that Amex still state you must have a personal income of $50k, not household. See this;

• I am aged over 18
  • I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a current Business Long Stay Visa (subclass 457)
  • I have a personal gross (pre-tax) annual income of $50,000 or more
  • I have no history of bad debt or payment default
  • And if self employed, I have been trading for at least 18 months or 12 months if I hold an existing American Express issued Card

Have you thought about the Platinum Rewards CC?

The income requirement is $40k.

I view this card like a slimmed down Platinum Edge card.
Great if you see little value in the annual free flight and prefer not to pay the $195 annual card fee.
You don't get;

1. one free flight each year
  2. 3 points at major supermarkets
  3. charged $195 card fee each year
  4. 15,000 sign on points

You do get;

1. $0 card fee in the first year. Fee is then $80 from 2nd year
  2. 2 points at major supermarkets
  3. 2 points at most petrol stations
  4. 10,000 sign on points
  5. free supplementary cards

I do not think that it is available by general application but it is by referral. Let me know by pm if you'd like a referral for either card. I am happy to try to answer any questions you may have about effective ways for points earn.

edit: You made a point of telling us you are 21. Please don't take on a credit card unless you can commit to paying it off in full each month.

Last edited:
I see that Amex still state you must have a personal income of $50k, not household

When you go into the application though it changes to household income?

AMEX 3.jpg

Very confusing because Personal vs household is the difference between being approved and denied for me at least...

Apparently Household income only reffers to spousal income which means I am ineligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back