Platinum Edge 20,000 Bonus points still not posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pozza

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker first time poster.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but late last year (November) I signed up to the Platinum Edge card with the 20,000 bonus points.

At the time they stated points would post 6-8 weeks after $500 purchase. This however changed to 6-8 weeks after promotion end. Now at the time I had nothing to spend the points on so it did not really bother me and I decided to wait.

At the start of June I rang up to see what the go was, 8 weeks after initial promo end, 5 after extended promo end. The customer service lady said, now worries will post by the 18th of June.

However today and still no points so I rang them up. CS rep said very sorry will get on to them, but right at the end of the conversation he said oh but it may take 4-6 weeks. To which I mumbled "OK".

However the more that I have stewed on it, I am feeling a bit upset. The reason I rang up in the first place is that I now want to transfer points to Singapore Airlines for an award flight.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant, but am really just wondering what people think I should do, or should I just suck it up and wait another 6 weeks for the points. Taking it to a whole 7-8 months after I was meant to get the points?

I called about these bonus points in March to ask when they would appear (October sign on). They set off some sort of investigation email and the points appear a week or so later. If they did that for you I would expect the points to get there pretty quick. If they haven't done the email thing to investigate, I would ring until they do.

One tip when you are advised that an investigation is being entered into is to get them to tell you their reference number for your specific issue. Make sure you get it correct by reading it back to them and always use this for future calls.

send an internal email when logged onto your account and it should take 3-5 days for the points to appear assuming they agree that you qualify.

Thanks very much everyone for your replies.

I was given a reference number yesterday, so I will wait a week and see what happens. If nothing I will try the internal email.

I have had very little success using the email approach. Whilst emails have been answered, they have been obtuse and sparse in detail and generally have not answered my question or dealt with the issue. YMMV.

I find speaking to a CSR to be more effective. I had to ring to follow up these points as well, and they did post within 4 - 5 days of my initial phone call. Keep pursing them though, it really isn't acceptable that we have to continually chase these promos.

Just to close out this thread.

Points finally appeared yesterday. So all good that ends well.

Wife's and Sister's also appeared yesterday, so maybe they are finally getting on to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back