platinum citi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bali Belly

After weeks months of searching through the best posts i have decided to retire my anz platinum card
after researching the fee free for the first year i decided to apply for the citi platinum so i printed the hard copy and faxed to india and va la a citi plat card arrived on my door step fee free for the fist year so don,t foolow the web print copy and fax for a quick result

good question my main reason for the change was the capping at 2500 then 1ff per 2 dollars spent
i hope to see a big difference in ff points over the next months
everything elese seems to be similar ie travel insurance from zurich
rewards program seems to have more options will be interesting to see exhange rate when i use card in kl next month

Yeah that ANZ points cap is crazy but still i have for a very long time been an ANZ customer and have some special benifits so i wont move, just use my Amex instead :)
E

Sorry where did you find the fee free link/app? I couldn't see any and calling them up said no fee free offers :confused:

Yeah that ANZ points cap is crazy but still i have for a very long time been an ANZ customer and have some special benifits so i wont move, just use my Amex instead :)
E

I also have been a long time customer and when you see your points sowly add up as compared to amex you seek other cards to match or get closer to theirs

Sorry where did you find the fee free link/app? I couldn't see any and calling them up said no fee free offers :confused:

If you do a search around the start of the citi thread you will see platinum or gold fee free
I went to their site downloaded and printed the application and then faxed it to them as the links are no longer available

will be interesting to see exhange rate when i use card in kl next month

Citibank has one of the worst exchange rates unfortunately, with 3.3% charged on their Visa cards and 3.4% on their Mastercards - one of the biggest downsides of the Citibank cards (and always my last choice of use overseas).

I think the citi platinum " take flights" is the absolutely best rewards. Firstly you get 1 point per dollar or even more if you sign up at an airport giving a promo .. redemption is for any airline .. forget transfering your points to Qantas on a one for one basis for example , because if you book your flight using your citicard, you then apply for redemption at 1 point = 1cent.. so an $80 flight costs 8000 points.. whatever airline.... so if you get an interstate cheapy with Jetstar for example your Qff will cost you 8000 points plus taxes, yet the cash price coud be as low as $50 or less at times, which is only 5000 points using the citibank points which if you transfer them to your Qff will be redeemed at 1 for 1. Better to keep them !! I have booked airlines in Ukraine, German Wings etc and all have been redeemed using my citibank Platinum points.. The only limitation is the ceiling of 120,000 points per year. But it beats lots of cards which cost about $90 and only allow a worthless accumulation like ANZ.. better to buy a flight for that money and forget the credit card !!!

i think you are right and i intend to do the same i will just have to find a cheap card with low overseas fees
If only citi would include priority pass into the system then i could drop qc membership it would make it a good visa card

I think the citi platinum " take flights" is the absolutely best rewards. because if you book your flight using your citicard, you then apply for redemption at 1 point = 1cent.. so an $80 flight costs 8000 points.. whatever airline....

I can see your logic and how it works (convenience) for you, but I would value my points at more than 1c each.

Personally I do not redeem for any flights which causes the value of my points to be less than 2c each. Some redemptions I have are worth up to 5c per point ... esp a business class redemption.

I think the citi platinum " take flights" is the absolutely best rewards. Firstly you get 1 point per dollar or even more if you sign up at an airport giving a promo .. redemption is for any airline .. forget transfering your points to Qantas on a one for one basis for example , because if you book your flight using your citicard, you then apply for redemption at 1 point = 1cent.. so an $80 flight costs 8000 points.. whatever airline.... so if you get an interstate cheapy with Jetstar for example your Qff will cost you 8000 points plus taxes, yet the cash price coud be as low as $50 or less at times, which is only 5000 points using the citibank points which if you transfer them to your Qff will be redeemed at 1 for 1. Better to keep them !! I have booked airlines in Ukraine, German Wings etc and all have been redeemed using my citibank Platinum points.. The only limitation is the ceiling of 120,000 points per year. But it beats lots of cards which cost about $90 and only allow a worthless accumulation like ANZ.. better to buy a flight for that money and forget the credit card !!!

If you're like me and you value points with Krisflyer (and therefore *A) then transferring them to Krisflyer is a good example. Only 95,000 points (less 15% for online bookings) plus taxes for SYD-LHR economy makes it 80750 plus taxes, which with the conversion is $121125 spent on a Citi Platinum card - the same points would only buy you a $1200 ticket with "Take Flight". It's even better value with Business Class flights

I guess it comes down to what you want the rewards for - domestic economy, there's no value in the frequent flyer programs, but Krisflyer perfect for the flights that I want.

Now all I need is Virgin Blue to be a part of Star Alliance and I'd ditch QANTAS all together!

If you do a search around the start of the citi thread you will see platinum or gold fee free
I went to their site downloaded and printed the application and then faxed it to them as the links are no longer available

Hi Bali Belly, can you please kindly paste the link here? I can't find it.

guys this is quite a good deal and I've been long looking for the link, simply fill it out online, read the t&c and submit it, first year is absolutely free.

I think the citi platinum " take flights" is the absolutely best rewards.

Firstly you get 1 point per dollar or even more if you sign up at an airport giving a promo .. redemption is for any airline .. forget transfering your points to Qantas on a one for one basis for example , because if you book your flight using your citicard, you then apply for redemption at 1 point = 1cent.. so an $80 flight costs 8000 points.. whatever airline.... !

As it turns out you no longer get 1 point = 0.01cent, its now 1 point = 0.006cent

It all changed on 18 July, couple weeks ago and I am not happy about it, means my points value just dropped :evil:

As it turns out you no longer get 1 point = 0.01cent, its now 1 point = 0.006cent

It all changed on 18 July, couple weeks ago and I am not happy about it, means my points value just dropped :evil:

But they have introduced Krisflyer points, at the rate of 2 Krisflyer points per $3 (0.66 KF points per dollar) - since the burn rates of KF are much better than 1 cent per point (or even 1.5 cents per point), this ends up being worth more than 1 point per dollar, admittedly though this is only on Star Alliance rather than any airline, like "Take Flight".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back