Platinum Charge and LDW (Loss Damage Waiver) on Car Hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

WendyFFF

There is a racket going on this car damage / insurance industry....

I would like to understand if anyone with Plat Charge with LDW (Loss Damage Waiver) rejected has experienced below situation (my experience was with accepted LDW from rental place thus not relying Plat charge's supplemental LDW)

Without the damage loss waiver the excess is 7000$ and if the insurance drags out for months this can take a bite in your cash flow.

Per law they cannot charge the 7000$ but all of them do it with the excuse they have unsettled claim from assessor of the another party.

First time in 20+ years of driving I had to use the insurance..

I made a small scuff on another parked car and thought rental cars are insured pretty good especially as I had taken out the optional damage loss waiver from rental company (one of the tier1 ones) with 700$ excess

The assessor decided that pretty much the whole car (36k$ in value) must be stripped to bones to inspect speculative structural damage meanwhile the other party had taken our one of these "credit hire" cars for several months (think 5-10* hire cost vs traditional hire and re-coup cost from other party insurance company) while the fleet insurer of the rental company had left the claim sitting for months (hoping to bring the settlement down) and only when I wrote letter of demand to the rental company (who had the contract with the fleet insurer) it was only pushed to allianz (after 3 months) because the claim was "too big" ....

All this while the rental company charged (wasn't just a hold) the 700$ excess and claiming that I would be indemnified form any claims per contract with the car rental business.

As far as I would understand the car rental place would have charged 7000$ in this situation on the Plat and then only covered the 7k$ when claim was settled?

There is a racket going on this car damage / insurance industry....

I would like to understand if anyone with Plat Charge with LDW (Loss Damage Waiver) rejected has experienced below situation (my experience was with accepted LDW from rental place thus not relying Plat charge's supplemental LDW)

Without the damage loss waiver the excess is 7000$ and if the insurance drags out for months this can take a bite in your cash flow.

Per law they cannot charge the 7000$ but all of them do it with the excuse they have unsettled claim from assessor of the another party.

First time in 20+ years of driving I had to use the insurance..

I made a small scuff on another parked car and thought rental cars are insured pretty good especially as I had taken out the optional damage loss waiver from rental company (one of the tier1 ones) with 700$ excess

The assessor decided that pretty much the whole car (36k$ in value) must be stripped to bones to inspect speculative structural damage meanwhile the other party had taken our one of these "credit hire" cars for several months (think 5-10* hire cost vs traditional hire and re-coup cost from other party insurance company) while the fleet insurer of the rental company had left the claim sitting for months (hoping to bring the settlement down) and only when I wrote letter of demand to the rental company (who had the contract with the fleet insurer) it was only pushed to allianz (after 3 months) because the claim was "too big" ....

All this while the rental company charged (wasn't just a hold) the 700$ excess and claiming that I would be indemnified form any claims per contract with the car rental business.

As far as I would understand the car rental place would have charged 7000$ in this situation on the Plat and then only covered the 7k$ when claim was settled?
May I ask on what basis the LDW was rejected ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back