Platinum Charge Accor Plus Stay Plus free night

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
I had a booking for the Pullman Brisbane Airport booked for August with my Stay Plus free night. We currently have a booking with QFF points SYD-BNE-PPT and have had to cancel the cruise from PPT in August so have cancelled the hotel booking. I tried to book a hotel in Sydney in November to use the free night but since my membership year with Accor Plus expires on 30 September it says "You are unable to use your Stay Plus benefit for this stay as it expires on 2020-09-30. Please change the dates of your stay or continue your search without the Stay Plus. " when I searched for hotels.

Since at this stage I can't really book to stay anywhere at the moment has anyone had any luck having their free stay extended beyond the expiry date this year? My Accor Plus will be renewed so long as Amex keep offering this benefit since my Platinum Charge annual renewal date is November.

The extension of the free night is normally done when the membership itself is extended. You'd need to call Accor Plus to see if it can be done.

Thanks woodborer. I've just phoned them and they can see that I've cancelled the booking I had made with the Stay Plus free night but the Stay Plus was not showing in her system as available again after the cancellation, even though it showed as available when I do a hotel search. She said it can take up to two weeks for it to show up again. She suggested that I call closer to the 30 September expiry and ask then to see if it can be extended.

I was under the impression (based on a previous thread) that you can't use a StayPlus for a date in the future of its expiry and they don't extend them.

As for your other problem, sounds like HUACA.

Hello, hope it’s ok to use this thread. I have a platinum charge card. My renewal is coming up in August. However, my travel credit hasn’t been extended and neither has my complimentary Accor plus free night. I thought that Accor memberships and the free night and the $450 travel credit expiring up until September 20 were being Extended by 6 months automatically.

wondering if there’s anyone in my situation, who have had theirs extended by 6 months already or if it’s still showing as expiring soon (ie Aug/Sep)

thanks

I have an Amex Platinum Charge card and my Accor Plus membership through Amex expires on 30 September. My Amex annual fee is due in November. My Accor Plus free night is showing as expiring on September 30, even though they were saying there would be a 6 month extension.

I phoned Accor Plus a couple of days ago and was told that Accor Plus memberships and Stay Plus free nights are not being extended by 6 months if your membership is through Amex, only for direct Accor Plus members. They suggested I speak to Amex about it. I am going to phone Amex in the next couple of days during the day on a weekday so I can hopefully speak to someone in the Australian Amex office, although I don't know if this will make a difference.

I have already used my Amex travel credits for this year, although they are now QF travel credits as we had booked my wife to travel to Darwin to visit our Son just before borders were closed and Amex cancelled the bookings for us in March and converted them to QF travel credits.

I have an Amex Platinum Charge card and my Accor Plus membership through Amex expires on 30 September. My Amex annual fee is due in November. My Accor Plus free night is showing as expiring on September 30, even though they were saying there would be a 6 month extension.

I phoned Accor Plus a couple of days ago and was told that Accor Plus memberships and Stay Plus free nights are not being extended by 6 months if your membership is through Amex, only for direct Accor Plus members. They suggested I speak to Amex about it. I am going to phone Amex in the next couple of days during the day on a weekday so I can hopefully speak to someone in the Australian Amex office, although I don't know if this will make a difference.

I have already used my Amex travel credits for this year, although they are now QF travel credits as we had booked my wife to travel to Darwin to visit our Son just before borders were closed and Amex cancelled the bookings for us in March and converted them to QF travel credits.

This is concerning.

I had travel to Darwin booked for mid-August that I've had to cancel (was booked in Feb before borders closed). Firstly, there was much confusion about how I should cancel to get my Accor free night back (Accor Plus via Amex Platinum card). The hotel told me I need to cancel via Accor to get the free night. Accor told me I should cancel via the hotel. So I cancelled via the hotel and then contact Accor Plus to get the night back. It expires end of August. I requested an extension and below is the email I received

Hi David

The Accor Plus team are thinking of you during this unprecedented time. Given the impact of COVID-19 on our daily lives, we appreciate that you have concerns about being able to use and enjoy the benefits of your Accor Plus membership.

Please be assured that your membership will be extended by 6 months. Our teams are working as quickly as possible to update all of our member's accounts, and this should reflect on your digital card soon. As a reminder, your extension will include all of your unused membership benefits. Thank you for your patience and take care.

Should you ever need further assistance I am available Tuesday to Friday 8am to 4pm

Katie
Member Relations

I note when logging in it still shows expiring end of August. I'm actually just toying with the idea of doing a staycation at one of the Perth properties but they're all nothing special.

I feel that I have it in writing that my free night will be extended and without any conditions. However, based on the post above I foresee an uphill battle if i don't use it in August.

Thanks Ken1, I am personally ok with Accor not extending by 6 months if it means the new free night is issued upon card renewal. Extending by 6 months means we lose half an Accor benefit anyway (in an Amex renewal year). I’ll just book something in for as far out as possible. I just wanted to know. Amex should have clarified to card members.
However, the $450 travel credit is another story. It is unusable right now so an expiry date extension is a must I feel.

Thanks Ken1, I am personally ok with Accor not extending by 6 months if it means the new free night is issued upon card renewal. Extending by 6 months means we lose half an Accor benefit anyway (in an Amex renewal year). I’ll just book something in for as far out as possible. I just wanted to know. Amex should have clarified to card members.
However, the $450 travel credit is another story. It is unusable right now so an expiry date extension is a must I feel.
Agree they should clarify as I was expecting to get an extension of six months as there as no mention by Amex or Accor plus that Amex card holders were not part of the extension. Poor form in my opinion.

As mentioned earlier, my account is due to be renewed this month. I logged into my Accor plus account and can see that my new free stay has been added. I have 2 nights available now. However, the older night I haven’t used is still due to expire this month so it looks like no expiry extension for Amex charge Accor plus members. This older stay needs to be used by the end of this month so I can’t even book something for say next year. It’ll be wasted but I’m glad a new night has been issued now.

I phoned Amex a couple of days ago to enquire about the Accor Plus night expiring on 30 September. I explained that Accor Plus had told me that they are only extending membership and free nights by 6 months for direct Accor Plus members and not for members through Amex. He put me on hold and checked and came back to tell me that they have notification that Accor Plus members through Amex will have their free night extended by 6 months.

I've just logged in to Accor Plus and when trying to book a hotel night for a date after September 30 it says: "remember to use your Stay Plus complimentary night before September 30, 2020" so this is not happening. I'll have to call Amex back this week.

I had called Amex a couple of weeks earlier to ask the same question but the Amex rep I spoke to then didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. She was telling me that I have already used my travel credits and I told her that yes I have, although they are now QF travel credits since the flights we had booked to DRW were cancelled, but that I was talking about Accor Plus membership that comes with the Platinum Charge card and that the Stay Plus free night expires on September 30 and that we can't use it.

I phoned Accor Plus again today and was told again that the Stay Plus free night will expire on 30 September and that there will be no extension unless Amex request Accor to extend the validity date of the free night.

I then phoned Amex and after putting me on hold for a few minutes the rep I spoke to said that after the expiration date I will receive an email in October notifying me that the date will be extended and that I will not lose it.

A couple of hours after my calls to Accor and Amex today I received this email from Accor Plus:
"Important update about your membership"

Dear Ken1,

We understand that while we have all been focusing on staying safe, your travel plans may have been impacted and you may not have had an opportunity to use and enjoy your Stay Plus complimentary night during your current membership year.

To alleviate this, we would like to extend the expiry of your current Stay Plus complimentary night for another 12 months, so you can use this benefit during your next membership year. This means that you can enjoy two Stay Plus complimentary nights during your next 12 month membership period. The additional Stay Plus night will automatically appear on your account from next month.

You can view your Stay Plus nights and membership expiry date in your member profile on accorplus.com and the Accor All app.

We look forward to helping you experience more in the not too distant future.

Terms and conditions:
The additional Stay Plus complimentary night is valid for primary American Express Platinum Card Members whose memberships were renewed between 1 September 2020 to 30 September 2020, with an unused Stay Plus complimentary night from their previous Accor Plus membership year.
Members must have had at least one recorded dining activity booked via the Table Plus Platform or at least one recorded stay at participating Accor hotels in their previous membership year.
All other Accor Plus terms and conditions apply. View terms and conditions here.

Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of a valid Accor Plus membership card and members must identify themselves as an Accor Plus member at time of booking. Accommodation bookings must be made through accorplus.com. American Express reserves the right to instruct Accor to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing. Visit accorplus.com for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night Stay Plus rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be booked by visiting accorplus.com.

This email was sent by Accor Plus (ABN 58 805 288 553)

1597910932102.png

A couple of hours after my calls to Accor and Amex today I received this email from Accor Plus:
"Important update about your membership"

Dear Ken1,

We understand that while we have all been focusing on staying safe, your travel plans may have been impacted and you may not have had an opportunity to use and enjoy your Stay Plus complimentary night during your current membership year.

To alleviate this, we would like to extend the expiry of your current Stay Plus complimentary night for another 12 months, so you can use this benefit during your next membership year. This means that you can enjoy two Stay Plus complimentary nights during your next 12 month membership period. The additional Stay Plus night will automatically appear on your account from next month.

You can view your Stay Plus nights and membership expiry date in your member profile on accorplus.com and the Accor All app.

We look forward to helping you experience more in the not too distant future.

Terms and conditions:
The additional Stay Plus complimentary night is valid for primary American Express Platinum Card Members whose memberships were renewed between 1 September 2020 to 30 September 2020, with an unused Stay Plus complimentary night from their previous Accor Plus membership year.
Members must have had at least one recorded dining activity booked via the Table Plus Platform or at least one recorded stay at participating Accor hotels in their previous membership year.
All other Accor Plus terms and conditions apply. View terms and conditions here.

Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of a valid Accor Plus membership card and members must identify themselves as an Accor Plus member at time of booking. Accommodation bookings must be made through accorplus.com. American Express reserves the right to instruct Accor to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing. Visit accorplus.com for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night Stay Plus rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be booked by visiting accorplus.com.

This email was sent by Accor Plus (ABN 58 805 288 553)

View attachment 225819
Thanks @Ken1 for calling Amex and Accor Plus. I have an extra night on my account too now. Though I didn’t get an email. I honestly feel your phone calls have directly helped to resolve this. I don’t think Amex were adequately dealing with this issue and Accor were not treating its Amex based members fairly. A good outcome in the end.

My voucher expired on 31/08. Created a support request and the expired voucher was reinstated to my account with a new expiry of 31/08/2021. Worked out well at the end, but seems the reinstatement is for those who reach out to Accor.

my year finishes in dec still showing as expiring then
hope they hurry up and extend EOY members no way i can use mine

I had a stayPlus night expiring 30 Sep 2020, I used their LiveChat option and explained the situation that I live in Melbourne which is still under stage 4 lockdown etc. They extended it by 12 months, hope this helps.

I posted back on August 20 that after several phone calls to both Accor Plus and Amex I had received an email stating:
"To alleviate this, we would like to extend the expiry of your current Stay Plus complimentary night for another 12 months, so you can use this benefit during your next membership year. This means that you can enjoy two Stay Plus complimentary nights during your next 12 month membership period. The additional Stay Plus night will automatically appear on your account from next month."

The email said that additional night would automatically appear from next month but the expiry date did not change once September came around and still shows 30/09/2020. I phoned Accor Plus again last week and was told that another team handles Amex accounts and that I would be contacted by them but I haven't heard anything yet.

My account has now been updated to show my membership has been extended by Amex until 30/09/2021 and I received a new Accor Plus membership card in the mail a few days ago. My membership page shows 2 nights expiring 30/09/2020 and 1 night expiring 30/09/2021. I'm not sure why my account was showing 2 nights expiring 30/09/2020 for the last few months as I had used one night last year.

After gda380 posted that they used the LiveChat option I have just used that rather than phoning this time. After explaining what has happened and copying and pasting parts of the email saying the expiry would be extended she replied " I have looked at your account and you have a stayplus night available until 30/9/21 when your membership expires". I then had to explain that this is for the new membership year and that the email I received said that the expiry of the one expiring on 30/09/2020 was supposed to be extended. She then replied "can I please email the response back as I have to consult with management to have the stayplus night rolled over". She then replied "will send email as soon as I get a response" so hopefully this will finally get sorted.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back