Platinum $1 = 2 points becoming $1 = 1.5 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Platinum Charge card is 1.5pts/$1

That picture appears to be showing a figure that you would get using a Platinum Edge card which generates 2pts/$1 on fuel purchases.

Platinum Charge card is 1.5pts/$1

That picture appears to be showing a figure that you would get using a Platinum Edge card which generates 2pts/$1 on fuel purchases.

I am telling you. I bought a 2x Red Bull at 7 Eleven. Not petrol and I used Platinum Charge for it.
For all time I ever had this card, it has been giving me 2x points. I am not pulling your leg.

It's always been 1.5 MR points per dollar for me. Maybe you were getting a special bonus or Amex was making an error in your favour.

I am telling you. I bought a 2x Red Bull at 7 Eleven. Not petrol and I used Platinum Charge for it.
For all time I ever had this card, it has been giving me 2x points. I am not pulling your leg.

I don't think AMEX find out details of the purchase, more than any purchases at Petrol Stations get 2 points and they just advertise it as 'Fuel'

I don't think AMEX find out details of the purchase, more than any purchases at Petrol Stations get 2 points and they just advertise it as 'Fuel'

Omg. What else do i need to do to convince you guys? Maybe it's an error but must be an error for 3 years then....

Untitled.jpg

Those pictures look exactly like the membership rewards website transaction information. Frankly they prove little as the 2 columns are for standard earn and bonus points, at least when I log in. So you've been getting 1 point per dollar and 1 bonus point per dollar, at least as I read what you've posted.

Sent from the Throne

Those pictures look exactly like the membership rewards website transaction information.

Ahhh. Thanks. Amex newbie here. I've been hunting for this on the main Amex/Statement site. The MR site does indeed contain the line by line MR accrual - cheers

Omg. What else do i need to do to convince you guys? Maybe it's an error but must be an error for 3 years then....

View attachment 6662

When you click on the + it should expand and tell you the bonus.

I've never seen Amex Plat charge card at 1:2 earn ever. I've had mine for 4 years too.

Is this for real???

Looks like you HAVE been getting 2x and not just 3.2.1 points on edge like the rest of us.
Lucky you.
It's not likely to change for you either, as it has been 1.5 for me since I joined 13 months ago.

Not only is it for real, but the only change is the 75k bonus for new signups. My Plat carge has offered 1.5 pts/$ up to 250k, and then 1 point. for at least 5 years.

The OP may have signed up at a time of a promo that was forgotten, or maybe they were offering 2pts for life of accout at some stage? In any case, it has been 1.5 for as long as I remember, unless OP is referring to Plat Edge.

Re: Platinum Edge 0.5 point for utilities, telecoms, insurance, government bodies

we didnt believe you coz we just want to see how you spend your money some more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back