Plat referral offer 3x bonus points - when does it start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjf

Intern
I've recently referred a friend on the promotion that ended earlier this week. (He gets 200k points, I got 45k points + 3x bonus points for 3 months)

As this offer has now expired I can't see the details anymore, and haven't received an email about the offer.

A few questions
1- I recall the date started at a later point in time and there was a cap on the points earned - Does any one recall what these details are?
2- I've received the 45k points, so I'd assume he's applied and activated his card?
3- Do Amex actually send out emails when people activate or when the period starts?

Cheers

Thank you!
I really should get in to the habit of taking screenshots on stuff like this.
No worries! You definitely should! As for the question about whether they'll email us or not, I have no idea. I also met the criteria but so far have heard nothing else about it.

I also got this offer - good chance to pay up front insurances, phone bills, etc. What is everyone else planning to spend up on?

I also got this offer - good chance to pay up front insurances, phone bills, etc. What is everyone else planning to spend up on?

Going to pay out my iPhone (it's on a handset and data plan) and switch to a prepaid 365 day recharge. Will see savings of $400+ over the next 12 months from that. And generate 5,000 points. 👍

As well as rego since it's coming up.

But that's pennies compared to sending ATO payments via Sniip for full rate, and upping my business spend due to the incoming busy season. Will hit the cap easily lol

If planning to pre-pay your bills then check and see if you have the Sniip offer of $30 cash back and save it to your card in preparation. Even without that though, a rate of 5.25 points per dollar means it's more than worth it to BPAY your bills at a 1.5% fee.

A 2.625% surcharge is where you break even on points (assuming gift card redemption rate and personal spending where the fee can't be deducted)

But that's pennies compared to sending ATO payments via Sniip for full rate, and upping my business spend due to the incoming busy season. Will hit the cap easily lol
Unfortunately this is what I'll be doing also. 25/08 start date is perfect timing for the June BAS

It might be worth just waiting a day I’ve noticed that transactions that I’ve made today I showing in the pending transactions are dated as 24 August.
It’s not a major issue but I’m gonna have to endure painful follow up through amexs’ overseas call centres to get this resolved if it doesn’t self resolve

It might be worth just waiting a day I’ve noticed that transactions that I’ve made today I showing in the pending transactions are dated as 24 August.
It’s not a major issue but I’m gonna have to endure painful follow up through amexs’ overseas call centres to get this resolved if it doesn’t self resolve
Looks ok. In the past, I have noticed the date discrepancy, but it always corrects itself by the time the transaction posts.

Attachments

• IMG_8773.jpg
    IMG_8773.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 12
What I want to know is if you make a transaction at a "shop small" merchant do you get both sets of bonus points?
Wait for the transactions to post, but yes you should. That’s 8.25 MR per $ on Platinum.

Sent payment to the ATO via Sniip lol. Can confirm that points are automatically crediting after the charge is processed. Weirdly it shows up as "Welcome bonus"

Note: I paid on the 26th just to be safe and the confirmed charge is showing up as the 25th. So that was a good idea.

1630042961403.png

Sent payment to the ATO via Sniip lol. Can confirm that points are automatically crediting after the charge is processed. Weirdly it shows up as "Welcome bonus"

Note: I paid on the 26th just to be safe and the confirmed charge is showing up as the 25th. So that was a good idea.

View attachment 256606
My transactions are just showing regular points, the extra 3 points per $ aren’t posting the way your’s are.

I called Amex and they washed their hands off saying T&C says it may take 8-12 weeks. 🙄

My transactions are just showing regular points, the extra 3 points per $ aren’t posting the way your’s are.

I called Amex and they washed their hands off saying T&C says it may take 8-12 weeks. 🙄
Thats so annoying. Because you know you will have to follow it up in 12 weeks time…

Update : Amex have fixed the glitch and +3 points are now posting as they should. Also gave me 40k points to make up for the inconvenience.

Heads up for anyone on this promo who has had or will be having cancelled flights/accomodation (well actually anything) refunded back to the card - the system is deducting the bonus 3pts/$ on these regardless of when you were originally charged. I had some QF bookings made in January on my Explorer card refunded the other day. They earned 2pts per dollar at the time of booking but I was deducted 5pts per dollar on the refund. Was very simple to call up and have the extra points recredited but something to be aware of anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back