Plat Edge / PayPal points earn

Status
Not open for further replies.

blingy90

Hi all...

Quick question re using paypal with plat edge, say for a utility like AGL, will this still earn 0.5MR/$ or will it be 1MR/$?

Cheers for any feedback

I'm also 100% sure it will be 1MR/$ for all paypal transactions

Have used it with quite a few different utilities providers and have received 1 point per $

Using paypal also in some cases avoids surcharges but this is very utility dependant.

Is it only 0.5 pointers per dollar if I pay my house & car insurance with GIO? No way of getting 1p/$?

So if I use PayPal for say eBay purchases I get 1 pp$ ...?

Can you pay your water bill via Amex Edge?
Will you get points?
Can you BPAY or postbillpay?
Where is BPAY option on Amex Edge account page?

Edit: Paid waterbill via Postbillpay!

Last edited:
Experience suggests paying bills via PayPal (usually via post billpay) is treated as a PayPal purchase rather than a utility charge so you should earn points at that higher rate.

Or if you are collecting Qantas points, they are currently running promo till December 21 that gives you 4 points per $. Pretty sweet deal considering that you can buy almost anything on ebay.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I thought my question would be suitable here.

If I was to purchase some goods from a 3rd party (not an actual merchant) and was asked to send money via paypal as "goods or services", would I be entitled to $1/point? I just wanted clarification if AMEX recognises this as an actual purchaseas opposed to money forwarding.

Also, if I was to purchase Steam credit for games, does that count as a purchase or a money exchange service? Since I'm not actually purchasing a game but changing AUD for Steam currency.

Thanks!

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I thought my question would be suitable here.

If I was to purchase some goods from a 3rd party (not an actual merchant) and was asked to send money via paypal as "goods or services", would I be entitled to $1/point? I just wanted clarification if AMEX recognises this as an actual purchaseas opposed to money forwarding.

Also, if I was to purchase Steam credit for games, does that count as a purchase or a money exchange service? Since I'm not actually purchasing a game but changing AUD for Steam currency.

Thanks!

not sure about the first one. But the steam credits can be purchased as gift cards at woolies for 3 points per $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back