Plat Charge Travel Insurance Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently transitting hkg. My itinerary is syd-mel-hkg-ord-sea and returning after a month.

When I checked in at syd yesterday I only checked in for the syd-mel sector (wanted to try out QF F checkin in mel). But as luck would have it I got stuck in the mel thunderstorm and did not make it landside in mel until 9:45pm, at that time I was sure I missed my QF29 connection to hkg.

But luckily QF29 was also delayed, so I rushed down to collect my bags only to find baggage claims was in total chaos as well. Not wanting to waste time waiting for my bags I proceeded to QF F checkin and explained my predicament to the checkin lady. She said she would chase up my bags, if found they would be loaded on to QF29, and let me know either way in the Flounge.

While leaving the Flounge she advised me that my bags were still awol, so I told her to send them back to my house in syd if and when they find my bag.
Now basically I am stuck with my hand luggage for the duration of my trip.

Now my question can I make a claim for missing luggage with amex?

You can, but you would need a baggage delay report from the airline. Depends if Qantas would be willing to provide one seeing the bags weren't checked through the whole way.

update:

Lodged a emergency travel expenses claim (delayed luggage). QF sent my bags upto SFO and provided a missing property report.

Claim was fully paid yesterday... so good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back