Plat Charge Priority Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltywings

Apologies in advance if answered elsewhere (doesn't seem to be in this forum).

Given a PC + 1 supp can both get PP membership, does that mean in situations such as dining at Movida Syd Airport, you can technically redeem 4x $36 off the bill if you travel with your supp? It would be a case of 'oh my supp is my guest' and vice versa for 'I'm my supp's guest'. I have a weird feeling that this wouldn't be allowed even though my reading of the T&Cs would suggest that it's technically above water.

Relatedly, I would assume that when entering PP lounges normally, if I were travelling with my supp, we could guest in 2 extra people for a total of 4, yes?

2nd (unrelated) Q: are Plaza Premium lounges still accessible with the Plat? Anecdotally it seems so but my welcome pack specifically makes no mention of it. Only Priority Pass, Centurion + Int Amex lounges.
Edit: ok I did a casual search of lounges at some airports and plaza premium lounges are on the list. Guess that answers that one.

Thanks.

Movida and other PP restaurants in SYD & BNE used to allow one person to redeem 2x36 even if eating alone and one plus sup to redeem 4x36. It’s basically at the discretion of the waiter who takes your order on the day. I’ve noticed that since they started checking BPs they have also became more strict about allowing redemption only for the number of people actually dining.

Regarding lounge entry, the answer is yes. Each PP holder (primary and sup) can bring one guest.

Note you can also use your plat charge (not PP) to enter VA lounges in Australia when flying on their metal.

if dining in actual restaurants and there are 2 then use 2 for one then walk to the other restaurant and use the other 2

Also same PP can be used again every two hours. May be useful for restaurant/lounge hopping during long layovers

Any other interesting ones? New cardholder here so still trying to sponge everything up.

I started a thread on lounge access intricacies and this card late last year so worth looking that up

Also, there's another thread which is all about this cards benefits so worth searching for that, as it's covers a lot of ground

The key ones though are getting the reserve card for extra $400 travel credit and then getting an extra PP pass on top of PP primary and supp entitlements with main card, as that gives an extra 2 free PP entries per year

Make sure you activate all included hotel mem:ships and if you Dont have status with KF, shangri-la Jade with card can be matched for silver status with KF

I also find the platinum specific travel service really quite proactive whether just giving general advice or actually making arrangements for you

There are others but those are top of mind!

Also same PP can be used again every two hours. May be useful for restaurant/lounge hopping during long layovers
Does that two hour limit apply across both restaurants and lounges? For example, could I use PP to have lunch at Movida and then go straight to the Rex Lounge? Or would I need to wait two hours in between?

Note that Amex have just dropped support for PP restaurants in the USA, can Australia be far behind? Get your tapas while you can :)

Does that two hour limit apply across both restaurants and lounges? For example, could I use PP to have lunch at Movida and then go straight to the Rex Lounge? Or would I need to wait two hours in between?

The two hour limit is for the same restaurant again. You can hit as many different restaurants and lounges as you want.

Movida and Virgin lounge for me when doing day trips ex Sydney. Unless you're not flying Virgin?

Movida and Virgin lounge for me when doing day trips ex Sydney. Unless you're not flying Virgin?
Most of the time I'd definitely be flying Virgin, was just an example. I'd be more likely to use the a PP restaurant and a PP lounge when I'm in the USA or Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back