How do I go about finding a travel agent ? happy with online services
No idea how to find a reasonable one
Appreciate the assistance

FishFood

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Red
I use a travel agent with Travel Associates (they are quick to mention that while being owned by FC, they are not the same). I knew of them via an ex-coworker and have been happy so far

LCC

As mentioned by a poster in the "Great value RTW" thread I have also had good experiences with roundabout travel. Most recently used them this year for a trip with an LX RTW J fare. When we contracted Covid in Switzerland just before our return leg to Australia I was very happy I was able to hand them the problem of rescheduling our flights home given the high demand for premium travel at the moment.

Cruiser Elite

Enthusiast
Isn’t there a long-standing TA who is a member here? I think I have seen some very good reports of his work - if he doesn’t stick his hand up I am sure someone who has used him will drop his name 👍

Roo Flyer has a regular TA he swears by so that might also be a proposition

Human

Notwithstanding the big places eg FC
I'm a big fan of inbound travel agents -- ie. travel agents that are based in the region you're travelling to, rather than from. It means they have local knowledge and, importantly, if something goes wrong, they're on the ground and in the same timezone as the country you're in. It's also given me the freedom to organise my own flights.

There are inbound travel agents for most parts of the world (most recently I've used Nordic Visitor for trips to Iceland and Scotland).

For less complicated trips where I'm happy to use a local travel agent, I've used American Express travel which gives me good service as a Platinum cardholder.

Captain Halliday

Established Member
Notwithstanding the big places eg FC
Ask on AFF :)
Isn’t there a long-standing TA who is a member here? I think I have seen some very good reports of his work - if he doesn’t stick his hand up I am sure someone who has used him will drop his name 👍
Indeed there is, and I can.

Calling @madrooster to the white courtesy phone.

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Good thread. I was wondering the same thing after the incompetence of dealing with our corporate travel agent. Will be interested in suggestions.

mrsterryn

Established Member
Poor MD lol I think that person is rather busy :). I am unable to message them
I think finding a decent TA is difficult actually. That is why I was hoping for recommendations from AFF :)

drron

Veteran Member
We have 2 travel agents. for airfares the one already mentioned. for everything else that we need especially cruises we use a Virtuoso agent, Here is the list of those in Australia.

We use the ones in Noosa heads.

tgh

Established Member
I guess it all depends on your travel preferences and needs.
The shop front quickies sell bulk seats commercial tour packages and chain hotels.

In days of yore , we used amex travel. We actually paid a fee for the service, but the results were outstanding.
We have subsequently been lucky to find an older , highly experienced traditional service model ta , (attached to a Virtuoso agency)
who along with a lifetime of experience in sorting the maze also has personal relationships with useful folks like Virtuoso and SilverSea.

I am quite sure that agents who routinely deal with hnw customers develop a more immersive and consultative sales approach and also seek out
products and services that suit their clientele.

I do the the bulk of the planning leg work and mostly present detailed itineraries for costings and bookings.
There is , however, some stuff that is very hard to do unless you are a ta...

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Getting a good TA is sometimes a matter of relationship. This will take time. Don't be complicated and be specific with your requests. I'm PM you @Daver6 with a suggestion who I’ve been with for 15 years. She knows what I want before I do!

Last edited:

baarg

Intern
I was going to post a therad about a TA, but found there's this post already! @RooFlyer are you able to recommend the name of your TA? Or anyone else. I am finding it challenging to book to go to Argentina and need someone reliable in case things go wrong, plus Latam's website doesn't work with international credit cards so do need a TA to book the flights for me! TIA.