Pets in the Cabin - Coming soon on Virgin Australia

But every airline in Australia and most of the world can have service any, usually dogs, could have service dogs on your flight. And at times prove that they should be.
We were in row 2 of an AA flight DFW - LGA and the fellow in1A had a service dog and near the end of the flight the dog got up and started looking around. The FAs came over and shortly after the fellow had a convulsion. Fortunately less than a minute.
Are you saying rather discreetly they had a piss pole somewhere?
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Are you saying rather discreetly they had a piss pole somewhere?
I thought the dog was looking around because it senses the owner was about to have a medical episode.
It could be the dosage? No doubt there are all sorts of allergens around us but when in close proximity to the source it is a different matter.
Negated by the HEPA filters. If you can sit next to someone and not catch Covid because of the filters, you’re prolly safe from a pet hair?
 
But every airline in Australia and most of the world can have service any, usually dogs, could have service dogs on your flight. And at times prove that they should be.
We were in row 2 of an AA flight DFW - LGA and the fellow in1A had a service dog and near the end of the flight the dog got up and started looking around. The FAs came over and shortly after the fellow had a convulsion. Fortunately less than a minute.
Sorry, I somehow missed this bit.
 
I thought the dog was looking around because it senses the owner was about to have a medical episode.

Negated by the HEPA filters. If you can sit next to someone and not catch Covid because of the filters, you’re prolly safe from a pet hair?
I think I got COVID twice from flying ....just saying. 🤷
 
Do you ever ask people to help you out when you travel? Water plants? Look after the garden? Collect your post? If you have kids, have you ever asked a family member or friend to look after them?

If so, for your sake, I hope they've not refused on some principle that you should have fully considered and ensured that you'll never need to ask an annoying favour from anyone. :-)

As noted, there are many reasons why people might need to travel with a pet that has nothing to do with "not caring" about their pet or "not considering" the responsibilities having one entails. This policy isn't a morality test.
Oh come on...really...dogs are on another level of favour....
When I travel I don't expect anyone to take me to the airport, check mail, or water my small native garden. I have that all covered.

I'm very self sufficient and very rarely ask anyone for help (apart from online!) as I don't like to bother people.

I help family and friends all the time, but 100% refuse to look after dogs. Dog owners make a choice and they shouldn't have to expect others to look after their dog when they go traveling. I know people that travel many times a year and do the rounds trying to find someone to look after their dog. I question why they got a dog considering they travel all the time. But hey, there isn't much common sense these days.
 
Last edited:
We are looking after 2 Cavalier King Charles while friend is away.
So currently there are 5 dogs in the house - 4 cavaliers and a sheltie.

I can't see why that is a problem - there was no expectation. If we could not then they would have to be housed in a vacation kennel.

People make arrangements all the time for all sorts of things and is unrelated to pets in cabins.
 
Last edited:
Oh come on...really...dogs are on another level of favour....
When I travel I don't expect anyone to take me to the airport, check mail, or water my small native garden. I have that all covered.

I'm very self sufficient and very rarely ask anyone for help (apart from online!) as I don't like to bother people.

I help family and friends all the time, but 100% refuse to look after dogs. Dog owners make a choice and they shouldn't have to expect others to look after their dog when they go traveling. I know people that travel many times a year and do the rounds trying to find someone to look after their dog. I question why they got a dog considering they travel all the time. But hey, there isn't much common sense these days.
It's not that hard really. We travel a lot and never have an issue. We use a housesitting web site and have had house sitters from all over the world come and look after 'Team Terror' as I/we call them. Our daughter and family have been travelling the world for over 10 years and have only had one issue in all that time.

Everything is by agreement and it works 100% of the time. They and we have references from the web site and then do a WhatsApp chat several times to go through any potential issues.

Next week we have a lady from Canada coming to look after of 'friends'.

Anyway, back to the topic.
 
Yeap, I've worked with a few people who basically did house sitting full time to help save a deposit for a house. It was always interesting to hear about their next housesitting place and the animals etc.

I stopped flying Virgin and its associated airlines (SIA etc) and gave up my Platinum status so I dont have to sit in aircraft that have had animals in them. Am allergic and simply dont want to sit next to dogs/cats
News flash... ALL airline aircraft in Australia have potentially had animals in them.
It is illegal to refuse service animals. I used to get a regular Qantas domestic flight last decade, every 2 or 3 months there was the same man with his guide dog sat in row 4 of the Qantas 737.

Sorry dude, your allergy clearly isn't that strong since it is more than likely you've already sat in an aircraft that has had an animal in it. Givning up VA and SQ isn't going to help you either.
 
Yeap, I've worked with a few people who basically did house sitting full time to help save a deposit for a house. It was always interesting to hear about their next housesitting place and the animals etc.


News flash... ALL airline aircraft in Australia have potentially had animals in them.
It is illegal to refuse service animals. I used to get a regular Qantas domestic flight last decade, every 2 or 3 months there was the same man with his guide dog sat in row 4 of the Qantas 737.

Sorry dude, your allergy clearly isn't that strong since it is more than likely you've already sat in an aircraft that has had an animal in it. Givning up VA and SQ isn't going to help you either.

A bit disingenuous. The occasional disabled traveller every few months with a specially trained service animal most likely meticulously cared for and calm and obedient and a plane cleaning cycle in between is nowhere near the same as as potentially 5 x joe blow with fido or fifi on every flight between two destinations with turnarounds not allowing for cleaning between sectors.

The poster is entitled to credence that they have a severe allergy and also entitled to make a decision about their travel partner selections.
 
A bit disingenuous. The occasional disabled traveller every few months with a specially trained service animal most likely meticulously cared for and calm and obedient and a plane cleaning cycle in between is nowhere near the same as as potentially 5 x joe blow with fido or fifi on every flight between two destinations with turnarounds not allowing for cleaning between sectors.
Virgin said their policy is pet must stay in the pet carrier, cannot be let out. So here is another myth busted.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top