Pets in the Cabin - Coming soon on Virgin Australia

I stopped flying Virgin and its associated airlines (SIA etc) and gave up my Platinum status so I dont have to sit in aircraft that have had animals in them. Am allergic and simply dont want to sit next to dogs/cats
Yeah I kinda get that. It does seem a bit odd still to me that is acceptable. Some time ago before animals allowed in cabin generally when flying Virgin Biz there was a service dog sitting at row 2 with their handler. Lovely dog. However it did cross my mind that if other biz pax had serious allergies especially in the smaller cabin what then? It's not that VA through the app informed biz pax. It's a hard one. Is it like nuts in the cabin? The eating type ...not the human type of which there are many more 🫣
 
Yeah I kinda get that. It does seem a bit odd still to me that is acceptable. Some time ago before animals allowed in cabin generally when flying Virgin Biz there was a service dog sitting at row 2 with their handler. Lovely dog. However it did cross my mind that if other biz pax had serious allergies especially in the smaller cabin what then? It's not that VA through the app informed biz pax. It's a hard one. Is it like nuts in the cabin? The eating type ...not the human type of which there are many more 🫣
Then the passenger with the allergy is usually required to fly another flight. The service dog takes preference.

This is a myth.

Virgin already specified that pets can only sit in seats 18A, 18F, 20A, or 20F, so just sit somewhere else.
Pets yes, but service dogs can fly I. The premium cabin, they’re not pets :)
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Then the passenger with the allergy is usually required to fly another flight. The service dog takes preference.
That though could be awkward maybe? Bags all loaded, connections to be made...slots to be fulfilled. .service dog happily sat. Fine if VA advise in advance. Question is do they? By the way playing devil's advocate here....I love dogs.
 
That though could be awkward maybe? Bags all loaded, connections to be made...slots to be fulfilled. .service dog happily sat. Fine if VA advise in advance. Question is do they? By the way playing devil's advocate here....I love dogs.
Yes I work with someone who would have had to leave the aircraft if they boarded to find a service dog sitting in the J cabin with them as they are severely allergic to dogs

One would think that the airline has reasonable advance notice on most occasions when a service dog is confirmed to fly and should do all possible to notify especially in the smaller J cabin ( also I love dogs too )
 
Good lord, so many of you get triggered every time VA launches a new pet-friendly route. There will be more; prepare yourselves ;)
Service dogs exist everywhere and have done so for years. How about the person who requires them? Yes, I understand allergies, but what are you going to do, not leave your home? Dogs are an important part of our lives, and in some cases, a requirement.
 
Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top