Paying Car Registration with Amex (QLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash

Has anyone in QLD had any wins, found anyway to make this work?

TMR have said no to both online and in store. Would be nice to get some points back at least...

Not sure if this is of any help, but if you are pooling your MR points to Velocity, you could always activate the Velocity Global Wallet and deposit money into that. Its essentially a prepaid VISA travel card but you can use it to pay bills via BPAY etc. earn rate is .5 per $1 not the best but better than nothing. I used it to pay Car insurance and Rego a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the advice Gianni, but I am pooling all my points to QFF and TMR in QLD won't accept BPAY either, I'm assuming you're not in QLD? Looks like this one is a lost cause. Appreciate the effort though.

If you're willing to cop the fee, then launder it through a single use prepaid visa/mc/eftpos card.

I haven't found a way with Amex either.
Just use any visa that earns points

I stumbled across this thread when trying to find a way to pay my QLD car rego with Amex and thought I'd report my experience. While I was thwarted in the short timeframe I had, a girl in the second Aus Post I went to suggested trying my AMEX card anyway to see if t worked and hey presto we had success. So I suspect while officially its not allowed, the restriction doesn't flow through to the actual electronic payment in the Aus Post stores.

I stumbled across this thread when trying to find a way to pay my QLD car rego with Amex and thought I'd report my experience. While I was thwarted in the short timeframe I had, a girl in the second Aus Post I went to suggested trying my AMEX card anyway to see if t worked and hey presto we had success. So I suspect while officially its not allowed, the restriction doesn't flow through to the actual electronic payment in the Aus Post stores.

You will only get 0.5ppd at AusPost though. I get 0.66 QFF ppd on my Mastercard. If there was no fee for EFTPOS cards then that would be the way to go, buying them in a supermarket to earn 3ppd.

You will only get 0.5ppd at AusPost though. I get 0.66 QFF ppd on my Mastercard. If there was no fee for EFTPOS cards then that would be the way to go, buying them in a supermarket to earn 3ppd.

Yep I realised that after the transaction hit my account. Still, with limited card options in my current armoury it was the best I could get at short notice. Will give myself more time next renwal and do the eftpos gift card thing.

That would depend on the type of AMEX card you hold. Westpac Altitude Black AMEX gives 1.25 QF/VA per $1 on all but ATO, AMEX David Jones cards (standard & platinum) give 0.75QF/$1 on government spend, AMEX Velocity Escape gives 1/$1 for existing cardholders prior to the 0.5 government 'enhancement' for new customers, and ANZ still gives 1.5/$1 if you have a Black AMEX card (until next month when these cards get cancelled)... the list goes on. ;)

just an extra tip. you can apply for a Payment Card to pre pay your rego in minimum $40 installments. go into a post office and ask for a form. fill it out, take it to the desk and they process it for you. you get the card posted in a few weeks. you then take that card into a post office (doesnt work at kisoks) and specify the amount you want to pay off. it can only be paid with cash or eftpos. it saves splitting payments if paying all at once when the renewal is due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back