Paying BPAY for car loan usin Amex or Bank of Melbourne

???

Hi guys

1st post so please go easy on me please.

I bought a new car with BMW with their finance product and opted to pay via BPAY to get the MR points via Amex. However, when I went to add the BMW biller code to Sniip, it got rejected. I asked Sniip about it and they said they cannot accept certain institutions.

My question is if anyone has any idea how else I could pay to get MR points without it costing me too much? I also have the Bank of Melb card to get Amplify rewards points if Amex doesn’t work out and Matt kindly suggested Yak pay if Amex doesn’t work, what is everyone else’s opinion?

Deeply appreciate everyones guidance here

Sorry Jake, what does “Beem it” mean?

No need to apologise.

It’s similar to Sniiip.

CreditRewards charges a higher fee (1.8%) for AMEX compared to Sniip, but they might be able to accept the biller if you email them first. I use CreditRewards for most of my purchases that aren't accepted by Sniip. Your circumstances will differ of course, but they might be worth considering if you really want to push through with your AMEX card.

No need to apologise.

It’s similar to Sniiip.

Wow, how did I miss this! Thank you so much
Post automatically merged:

CreditRewards charges a higher fee (1.8%) for AMEX compared to Sniip, but they might be able to accept the biller if you email them first. I use CreditRewards for most of my purchases that aren't accepted by Sniip. Your circumstances will differ of course, but they might be worth considering if you really want to push through with your AMEX card.
Thanks Actos, good to know

We have been repaying our BMW loan(s) over the last 5+ years with our Westpac credit card, via BPay without any issues or extra fees.

Have you received points for the repayments? I thought I’d you did it by internet banking, there would be no points awarded. Can do it via Beem It if within the monthly payment limits and get the points for no cost too.

Have you received points for the repayments? I thought I’d you did it by internet banking, there would be no points awarded. Can do it via Beem It if within the monthly payment limits and get the points for no cost too.
Actually, you could be right. I haven't looked at the points that we get for that account for a while now, and just looking at the statement, no we don't seem to be getting points for these payments.

Will look at the Beem option now :)

Looks like Beem It has removed the ability to pay with credit card now, game over??!! Any other options???

Hi @dein_gesicht can you please point us in the right direction? Keen to find a replacement to keep making my car payments by credit card with BPay if there is one :)

I know about the ATO thread. No news there unless I’ve not read it closely enough.

Last edited:

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back