Status
Not open for further replies.

andye

Virgin
Platinum
Oneworld
Emerald
Have had a couple of niggles recently

Tried to set up vodafone direct debit onl;ine. Despite saying will accept DC, it rejects the card number as invalid

Set DC as my recurring card on roam.com.au for tolls (surcharge better than Amex). It used to reject as above but now does accept. However, have had a couple of occasions where the top-up has failed resulting in an email reminder. Not too much of a prob as the MC surcharge is lower still.

Anybody had similar problems (or solutions)?

I've linked up my DC to NSW RTA e-toll account no surcharge (fingers crossed this remains the case) - was quite stoked even cancelled my old M5 e-tag which had a surcharge for Visa.

I use my Visa for Vodafone DD I think the extra surcharge to use DC is not worth it for points differential with my Citi Prestige Visa.

Last edited:
Set DC as my recurring card on roam.com.au for tolls (surcharge better than Amex). It used to reject as above but now does accept. However, have had a couple of occasions where the top-up has failed resulting in an email reminder. Not too much of a prob as the MC surcharge is lower still.

I had a recent issue with Roam supposedly failing the payment on my regular (non-debit) MasterCard and got a letter, penalty and "reactivation fee" for doing so. Checked my statement and they had successfully charged me on the date it had supposedly failed. Had to argue with them to get a refund of the fees, they never admitted fault and gave me a credit as a "gesture of goodwill". So if you're having issues with them it may have nothing to do with your card.

I found that my auto top-up on my govia account (Brisbane tolls) doesn't work anymore.... got a surprise when my balance fell really low a few months ago and have been doing manual top ups ever since. strange as it was working without a hitch for a long time. doesn't give an error when the DC was used as the card of choice and it works for the manual topup so not sure whats wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back