NZ Credit Card for Velocity Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope someone can help. I was hoping to find a NZ based credit card that would accumulate against Velocity. The velocity ones all say that I must be an Australian resident, however I am stuck in the middle being a tax-resident of PNG, and a resident of NZ. I don't have an Australian bank account, but do have family in Brisbane that I suppose I could use as an address to setup a bank account.

the only thing I have seen for NZ is for the AirNZ FF program..

any ideas?

thanks in advance

Setting up an bank account in Australia would require 100 points of ID which I would imagine you might struggle with.

Setting up an bank account in Australia would require 100 points of ID which I would imagine you might struggle with.

After some research last night, I figured out ASB in NZ is commbank, which allows you to creat a bank account in AUS from NZ. Must use the ASB verification....

the only issue I have with the standard AMEX transfer is that it is $35 a transfer, so going to contact AMEX and see if I can apply for the AUD version.

thanks for the point in the right directions

Is that a yearly $35 transfer fee? If so, that wouldn't be considered much if you take into account the fees you would pay for currency conversion if you use an overseas credit card.

Is that a yearly $35 transfer fee? If so, that wouldn't be considered much if you take into account the fees you would pay for currency conversion if you use an overseas credit card.

yeah - most of my transactions now are not in NZ. I actually have a difficult income contract, contract is AUD, and then it gets brought into PNG and also transferred to NZ. Ideally, if I had AUD staying in AUS that would be of benefit, as I sometimes get sucked dry when the FX rates aren't good..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back