Nice wines I have drunk recently - Red or White

I think it was the Irvine Grand Merlot that won the wine of the night at that Westfield Chinese byo restaurant about a decade ago. My God, what a night that was. I think they held up the place for us till about 11pm, then off to a city office to further indulge with some supurb west Oz cabernet. Oh, what a night, what a fun night. I wanted to walk back to my hotel and so walked for about 30 minutes before realising that the harbour bridge was getting larger and larger. Should have realised earlier I was walking the wrong damn direction. Finally knocked on ourhotel room around 4am and slept in till 2 that arvo. Slightly dangerous, slightly stupid, stupendous memories. Twas a blue moon in more ways than one.
A great night it was indeed
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

How did you find it compared to LW and Hoffmann?
TBH, not a huge fan of the LW, find it a bit bitter?? I like the refined, elegant style of the OH and HDV. The OH is a more petit / delicate and thus more approachable than the HDV, which needs (a fair amount of) time.
I didn't have luxury of decanting out bush which would have provided more support, but drank it over 3 nights and opened and softened each subsequent day.
I did pack a Riedel glass (thankfully didnt break it) as some things in life can't compromise 😉
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top