New Woolworths Rewards App

moa999

Enthusiast
Having used it a few times I've got to say don't think it's a success.
Takes much longer to pull out the phone and scan the QR code, then wait for the phone to connect, and then more time when you go to pay.

Would be much better as a single tap using NFC.

kyle

Established Member
Just tried it at the manned checkout. The QR code on the keypad display rotates with other messages. So have to wait until it comes up.

Also I had a bonus Woolies gift card that has an expiry date. It doesn't use that gift card first.

An update to this. I have since deleted all gift cards and added the $5 one with an expiry date first, then added back the rest. Then it used the $5 first.

So the app lacks the ability to rearrange the gift cards, such as using Woolies first, then Wish.

jakeseven7

Enthusiast
An update to this. I have since deleted all gift cards and added the $5 one with an expiry date first, then added back the rest. Then it used the $5 first.

So the app lacks the ability to rearrange the gift cards, such as using Woolies first, then Wish.

And if you had multiple WW gift cards, I wonder what order it uses them?

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

Mr_Orange

Clicking on the link in a GC email still doesn't automatically load the gift card into either the WOW Money app, like it used to do, or the Rewards app.

I don't understand why they would break this functionality which was incredibly smart and force customers to type in a 19 digit number!