New Westpac KF documentation with new card

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross710

Established Member
I recently received a replacement card. The card came with a new set of brochures and I took the time to read through the "Welcome to your Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum Cards" brochure. One section on page 5 is interesting as I hope it is signalling a change to the redemption coupon.

Save up to 25,000 Krisflyer Miles on your Redemption Ticket
After your first year as a Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit cardholder, youwill receive a renewal voucher that allows you to enjoy 50% discount (for a maximum of 25,000 KrisFlyer miles) off a Saver, Standard or Full award redemption ticket or upgrade.

The big thing is no mention of the coupon only being for economy redemption or business upgrade.

Further reading of Footnote 5, again only refers "redemption of the award ticket or upgrade."

I'm optimistic that the next round of redemption coupons next year will allow economy or business redemptions.

Alby

Hey Alby have you done a KF redemption to Europe and was it a winner in J or F?
We are loaded with points now in 2 accounts so we can shift 10 at a time in split up journeys.
I have been using the points for Los Angeles when QF is offering dust or Economy.
Cannot say that I have seen a certificate so maybe it got binned prior to reading.
Sometimes vouchers can be hard to use.

I've been online this morning planning a trip for Mrs Alby to Europe next year. No issues that I can see getting her BNE-MAN-BNE in F next August.

I did an F redemption for myself for February and no issues.

A couple of things to consider:

Star Alliance Redemptions. Both my trips have ended up with at least one leg as a Star Alliance redemption using LH network to position in the favoured Eu port.

First Saver fare. Currently my thoughts about Mrs Alby's trip is about whether to send her via FRA so she can get an F Saver on the 747 then LH to MAN, or via MUN on SQ but this means only Standard awards. Points difference is 230,000 or 331,000 for the latter.

Separate Tickets. On my redemption in February, I split the outbound journey and return onto separate bookings. Outbound J/F with SQ and the return is *A redemption on Thai in F. Taking the Saver Awards well in advance I am finding that I usually end up having to adjust the bookings due to business requirements as the time approaches. Splitting them has made it easier for me.

I've also been a fan of separate bookings when I travel with family as changes by any one person do not have to affect everyone else.

Cheers and happy travels.

Alby

Cannot say that I have seen a certificate so maybe it got binned prior to reading.
Sometimes vouchers can be hard to use.

When you go online to:
Online Redemption Booking

There is a drop down menu box at bottome right, under Cabin Class:

Select Promtion Code.

If you are eligible when you scroll down it will say Westpac Platinum.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Alby. MrsCove just read your update as well.
Can I presume you are Man City fans?
Are you active with other FF point programs as we have found having a second choice very useful in not getting stuck? Typically we book one way then book the return later.
It really is just a game but gee I am hooked on playing it.

Can I presume you are Man City fans?
No, it is just the most convenient airport for Mrs Alby to arrive and be picked up by her friends.

Are you active with other FF point programs as we have found having a second choice very useful in not getting stuck?

I'm on the verge of relenting and adding a Qantas direct sweep card to my wallet. I think it is worthwhile having sufficient points in QF to provide for intra-Australia holiday travel. I love Singapore and New Zealand but probably need some more travel variety closer to home to be able to fit into a weekend or short break.

Actually as I am writing this it is probably just as easy to stay with the Altitude card and convert points to Virgin.

For those addicted to FF points, BAS and PAYG are due around now!

Woolworths and HSBC appear to be launching a point per dollar Mastercard for Qantas points on Monday for an annual card fee of $89.Watch out for large queues and slight internet delays as their previous card pulled in 250,000 starters.
This new card sounds hot,hot,hot......
Yes our BAS and quarterly taxes have been paid this month mostly on Citi Select and the tax deductible ones on Amex Ultimate.October was a QF points affair as we have commas in our KF points totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back