New Amex statement credits

cbourl

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Silver
Spent again at Marinos Meats today under Dining Credit Offer - no email received, like at Bottega Rotolo 5/10. 6/10 spend at Marinos triggered email ,so what gives? Has anyone had a credit under the Fine Dining Credit offer actually applied to their Platinum Card yet?

Pele

Spent again at Marinos Meats today under Dining Credit Offer - no email received, like at Bottega Rotolo 5/10. 6/10 spend at Marinos triggered email ,so what gives? Has anyone had a credit under the Fine Dining Credit offer actually applied to their Platinum Card yet?
Gday

I have a booking at one of the restaurants this Sunday so I will let you know!

Pele.

boomy

Yes I got the credit applied 7 days after dining in one of the BNE restaurants on the list. No email received and it took few days for the offer to be marked as redeemed.

Gday

I have a booking at one of the restaurants this Sunday so I will let you know!

Pele.
Possibly needs to hit the $300 amount to trigger the offer? I bought an item for $199 from DJs, nothing appeared for a week so I bought a $5 gift card and then received email and credit a couple of days later.

cbourl

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Silver
Possibly needs to hit the $300 amount to trigger the offer? I bought an item for $199 from DJs, nothing appeared for a week so I bought a $5 gift card and then received email and credit a couple of days later.
But the offer states up to $300 credit, not spend $300 get $300 back :-((

I bought some booze from Merivale at Home, and it was processed as a Stripe transaction. I had to escalate it three times by chat to get a resolution.

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Received the QF 350/70 offer on my QF Plat Amex and the 250/40 on my additional card holder, and Amex explorer. The terms aren't clear will I get the credit if I buy QF gift cards?
I want to buy a gift card on each of the credit cards and then use it for flights later.

Edit: I became impatient and gave it a go. Can confirm it worked and received the email from Amex.

Last edited:

cbourl

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Silver
But the T+C say " Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend"
and the email received says
"
Get up to $300 back​
Thank you for using your Platinum Dining Offer Amex Offer with your Card ending in xx_xx
If your transaction meets the offer terms, your redemption should appear on your statement within 5 business days (however it can take up to 90 days from the offer end date).
Don't forget: New Amex Offers are always being added, so log into your American Express account or use the American Express App to take advantage of even more special offers before they expire.

For more details, see the Offer Terms below.

Daver6

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
But the T+C say " Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend"
and the email received says
"
Get up to $300 back​
Thank you for using your Platinum Dining Offer Amex Offer with your Card ending in xx_xx
If your transaction meets the offer terms, your redemption should appear on your statement within 5 business days (however it can take up to 90 days from the offer end date).
Don't forget: New Amex Offers are always being added, so log into your American Express account or use the American Express App to take advantage of even more special offers before they expire.

For more details, see the Offer Terms below.

What have they said about it when you've called?

SydneySwan

Established Member
Qantas
LT Silver
Received the QF 350/70 offer on my QF Plat Amex and the 250/40 on my additional card holder, and Amex explorer. The terms aren't clear will I get the credit if I buy QF gift cards?
I want to buy a gift card on each of the credit cards and then use it for flights later.

Edit: I became impatient and gave it a go. Can confirm it worked and received the email from Amex.
I can confirm this has worked on previous QF Amex credit offers as well.

cbourl

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Silver
What have they said about it when you've called?
Told me it should appear and they have raised it -said they would get back to me re merchant listed on webpage using a different location on their eftpos machine , and never did - Ill call again next week

cbourl

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Silver
Mysteriously 2 x credits from Marinos appeared today, dated 21.10.21 - now lets see when Bottega Rotolo Fine Dining Credit appears

jc14

Intern
Solutions
Qantas
Qantas Club

Do the gift cards only work for Flights or can they also be redeemed on the Rewards Store?

kpc

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Ampol 65 / 10 over one or more transactions.

Has anyone got the $10 cashback yet for this offer? I spent more than $65 a week or so back yet but nothing so far...
This was back in August...I finally received the $10 credit yesterday after requesting it over the phone in early September!

SydneySwan

Established Member
Qantas
LT Silver
New offers;

Estee Lauder - 100 / 20
Forever New - 100 / 20
Country Road - 100 / 20
Get 15% Back at some restaurants - all located in Sydney and Melbourne except one in Surfers
Red Cross - donate $60 for 1200 points, up to 3 times

Anyone else noticed that Amex credits are a bit slow to post at the moment?

SydneySwan

Established Member
Qantas
LT Silver
Just noticed this on my Amex account

Join us as we celebrate you​

This November, being with American Express has even more perks. Get set for a month filled with offers, discounts and special events as we celebrate you – our Card Members.​

This is the first ever Membership Month and it’s set to be huge. Below is a taste of what you can look forward to. More details coming in November.

Probably best to keep your expectations low and if you are lucky you might be pleasantly surprised.