NAB Velocity Card & Bpay

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzzr

Hi guys,

I recently signed up for an NAB Velocity credit card account, they have sent me both the Visa and Amex cards to use. My question is i have read the terms and conditions that NAB send with the credit card pack and it states under the definition of cash advance:

c) Charged by a supplier of cash, cash substitutes or bill payment services where such items are unauthorised by use of a card or otherwise arising from use of an extra facility on your account including each such amount converted in accordance with 11.3 except for BPAY transactions with are purchases.

You cannot make a BPAY transaction with a Velocity NAB American Express card.

On the NAB website and Velocity website it says:

Excludes cash advances (including bills paid over the counter at a bank, financial institution or post office and purchases of travellers cheques) or when a Velocity NAB Credit Card is used as a debit card to access linked accounts

Now ive spoken to NAB and the lady has said you earn points for whatever transactions appear on your statement (this cannot be right). Im a little confused here, if anyone knows whether you can earn points with the Visa and/or Amex card using BPAY thats integrated with the NAB Internet banking or the online BPAY section at AustraliaPost website that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, you can make BPay transactions with NAB online banking and earn points for it. However, the transactions are processed on the Visa card (not the Amex) and so earn points at the Visa rate. Also, a lot of biller won't let you use a credit card with BPay, in which case you'll find you need to either pay with another account through BPay, or see if they provide another method for Credit Cards (most do).

I've always found that just using whatever credit card facility the biller provides results in me getting points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back