NAB Top up option & Booking through Harvey World Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle1002

Does anyone have experience using their NAB Gold points on airlines other than Qantas through Harvey World Travel? The only appeal that I can see of the NAB Visa is that you have access to airlines that may not be linked with the Qantas system. Does anyone have an experienced opinion?

Also has anyone found the top up option of paying the difference in point balance and flight cost to be of any benefit?

The only reason I'm asking is we have a Standard Visa fee free through the Mortgage Choice Package program which I think we could probably upgrade to Gold still fee free. Just wondering whether it is worth maintaining it as our Visa and just going ahead and getting an Amex Rewards gold. :?:

yes, i use national reward points through harvery world travel. of course the redemption rate is not as good as qantas frequent flyer points, but overall i think the national/harvery world travel program is really good. you can book any airline, any flight, and it doesn't work out too bad really (complete availability and no charges or taxes like frequent flyer points).

When booking international flights, I usually do it at the last minute so am limited to airlines that offer e-tickets (which is more and more of them these days). and of course you earn frequent flyer points when you fly.

I have over 1 million points with National bank and with the National Amex Gold, the redemption rate is 11,111 per $100, which is better than the National Visa redemption rate of 12,500 (i think) per $100.

When booking, you can only do it 9-5 monday-friday.

Just a bit confused regarding redemption rate. Is that 11,100 points per $100 value of flight? what do you mean by no charges or taxes? Aren't all flights taxed?

idle1002 said:
Just a bit confused regarding redemption rate. Is that 11,100 points per $100 value of flight? what do you mean by no charges or taxes? Aren't all flights taxed?
Value of flight is correct, so taxes included. Different to redeeming QFF points, or C/C points converted to QFF points, through QF where the redemption rate only includes the airfare without taxes and charges.

So through Harvey World Travel if SYD-MEL airfare costs $100 including taxes then you will be charged 11,100 points. That is the way I understood it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back