Card Promotions NAB Rewards Platinum Credit Card: 60,000 Bonus Velocity Points with $1,000 Spend in 60 Days, $95 Annual Fee

SOPOOR

Established Member
Ive just signed up and approved/half approved for this, not an amazing offer but the one of the better ones for cheap AF

anyone signed up for this?
the application process has been kinda weird
eg. theyve asked for payslips but approved my card
they also asked me for ID (I Think) to go into a branch, and when I went in there they looked at me like i had 3 heads
apparently its a velocity card but at no point did they ask me for details

Yes, I got this card very recently and redeemed the 120,000 NAB points for $600* Coles gift cards before they were automatically converted into 60,000 Velocity points. The terms state that you need to setup the automatic Velocity redemptions before you will get the bonus points (which you can do in NAB rewards in your internet banking). The automatic redemptions happen every Monday. So if you want to redeem for something else like gift cards, you need to watch your rewards carefully to see when the bonus points are awarded and redeem them before they convert to velocity. (* $600 Coles gift cards is actually around 123,000 NAB points, but I had an extra 3000 from spending $3000)

Yes, I got this card very recently and redeemed the 120,000 NAB points for $600* Coles gift cards before they were automatically converted into 60,000 Velocity points. The terms state that you need to setup the automatic Velocity redemptions before you will get the bonus points (which you can do in NAB rewards in your internet banking). The automatic redemptions happen every Monday. So if you want to redeem for something else like gift cards, you need to watch your rewards carefully to see when the bonus points are awarded and redeem them before they convert to velocity. (* $600 Coles gift cards is actually around 123,000 NAB points, but I had an extra 3000 from spending $3000)
thanks! ill get onto adding Velocity detials,
i did read that it may be possible the bonus points may be declined if you dont include velocity detials.
i will go down the Coles gift card route:)

Anyone know if NAB rewards run bonus transfer with velocity and how often foes it happen?

Now with increased bonus points.

Just because I don't trust my own reading skills;
This offer is not available to existing NAB Rewards Signature or NAB Rewards Platinum Credit Card customers or customers who have had a NAB Rewards Signature or NAB Rewards Platinum Credit Card within 18 months prior to applying for a new NAB Rewards Platinum Credit Card. Offer is not available when closing or transferring from another NAB credit card account or in conjunction with any other NAB credit card offer.
this means I am eligible for this bonus even though I recently had their Qantas card, right?

Just because I don't trust my own reading skills;

this means I am eligible for this bonus even though I recently had their Qantas card, right?
Yes thats correct. I had the NAB Qantas card before, cancelled it and two days later applied for this one. The application process was pretty painless. I basically reconfirmed my financial info and they didn’t even ask for proof of income! Got my Velocity points last week and spent them already on business class tickets ;)

my bonus points have just credited... should I convert them to a gift card and blow it, or should i let it transfer to Velocity?
I have a velocity account but I only fly for holidays

anyone applying for the NAB Qantas/NAB velocity card at the same time or just finished

I just cancelled my velocity card, and was wondering how long I should wait for to apply for the other NAB card.

anyone applying for the NAB Qantas/NAB velocity card at the same time or just finished

I just cancelled my velocity card, and was wondering how long I should wait for to apply for the other NAB card.
Not sure if it works the same if you've recently closed the velocity card but I had no issues getting bonus points applying for the Qantas card a few weeks after getting approved for their Velocity card and holding both at the same time!

Not sure if it works the same if you've recently closed the velocity card but I had no issues getting bonus points applying for the Qantas card a few weeks after getting approved for their Velocity card and holding both at the same time!
I applied last night for the qantas version. Got a instant decline.
My velocity has been closed for a week

Pity....

Yes thats correct. I had the NAB Qantas card before, cancelled it and two days later applied for this one. The application process was pretty painless. I basically reconfirmed my financial info and they didn’t even ask for proof of income! Got my Velocity points last week and spent them already on business class tickets ;)
I thought there is a 18 mths waiting period now before you can apply another NAB cc and get the bonus points? did i miss anything?

I thought there is a 18 mths waiting period now before you can apply another NAB cc and get the bonus points? did i miss anything?
You got to read the fine print. From memory NAB distinguish between credit card types i.e. if you had a Qantas NAB ccard you wouldn’t qualify for sign up bonus on a new Qantas NAB ccard, but can for a NAB Virgin ccard.

So I signed up for this a few weeks back - I've received the bonus points, but only 90,000 - not the 120,000 as promised. (should equate to 60,000 Velocity points). Anyone have any ideas about what's gone wrong?

So I signed up for this a few weeks back - I've received the bonus points, but only 90,000 - not the 120,000 as promised. (should equate to 60,000 Velocity points). Anyone have any ideas about what's gone wrong?

How long after meeting the $1k spend criteria did you receive the bonus points?

The screen shots I have from when I signed up for this show the bonus offer for this card was the same as for the signature card. Only difference between the two mentioned is the required spend and the annual fee. I wonder if this was a mistake on their part and that’s why you’ve received the lower bonus amount? They will be forced to give you what was advertised but you will obviously have to spend your time following up.

Signed up for this card 2 weeks ago, got approved the next day and received the card in the mail 2 days later.

Card activated and $2k was spent instantly, this was last Tuesday.
I noticed that my NAB Rewards was showing the bonus 120k points when I last checked yesterday.

Maybe take a screenshot of the offer and bring it up with them?

Apparently because I signed up to the card through NAB, it’s mistakenly given me the wrong amount of points.

When I called, they acknowledged it was a system error and assured the remaining balance would be applied within 5-10 days.

It’s now been well over that time and all they say is that admin is backed up and can’t provide me any timeframe. So frustrating.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back