Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Oneworld
Emerald
Star Alliance
Gold
From 18th April:
  • We’re changing the way you’ll earn reward points on some transactions. From 18 April, you’ll no longer earn points when you make a BPAY® payment using the following NAB Credit Cards:
    • NAB Flybuys Rewards
    • NAB Qantas Rewards
    • NAB Qantas Plus
    • NAB Qantas Rewards Premium
    • NAB Qantas Rewards Signature
    • NAB Velocity Rewards
    • NAB Velocity Rewards Premium
    • NAB Rewards Classic
    • NAB Rewards Platinum
    • NAB Rewards Signature
Time to find an alternative as Bpay would be my largest point earner.

There’s no value to stay in business with NAB in anyhow. Sub-par customer service. Bankers don’t know what they’re doing. I’ve had one occasion whereby the banker missed my property settlement day, which led to thousands $ of compensation incurred, all paid by NAB after AFCA stepped in.

I got the email too. They have the gall to start the email with the phrase "as we continue to improve your banking experience"...

A lot of those BPay can be paid through Australia Post Billpay
Link your Amex to PayPal and pay that way
Generally full points with no surcharge
Otherwise use SNIIP or YAKPAY
The benefit of BPay is that you can easily schedule (IN ADVANCE) the payment to drop through just before the due date. can you do that with those other methods?

Are there any banks left that still pay points with BPay?

I now find myself only using BPay to pay the credit card statement balance on the day it is due. I rarely use BPay for other bill payments because I find it hard to track which will and won't credit points to my account. I have Direct Debit setup for most recurring bills (utilities etc.), and then I set myself a payment reminder in my calendar to pay other bills on-line with credit card rather than schedule via BPay. And knowing the credit card billing cycle means I don't need to leave bill payment until the last day it is due - just pay it anytime in the billing cycle before it is due. Not many of these remaining or me ... probably council rates is the only one I can think of right now.

I was blissfully unaware that NAB CCs gave points for BPay 🙄. Dang! I’m sure I looked at it ages ago and figured it wasn’t possible..😔

Likewise thought NAB had removed this when the other banks did the same ages ago. Surprised it still works - guess the going was good while it lasted for those in the know.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back