NAB Qantas Platinum card - Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsydney

Intern
Have just changed my useless nab gold visa card(decided i should start getting some reward points) to the NAB Qantas Plat. Card.

I am leaving for overseas next week and have already paid for my flights over, however would like to know if i can take advantage of the travel insurance benefits with this card?

There seem to be some posts on here that say that i need to have paid 100% of my return travel to be insured..however on the website it states:
To qualify, use your card to purchase a minimum of $500 of your prepaid transportation costs (including travel by air, rail, road or watercraft) and/or accommodation costs and/or organised land tour costs all of which are inclusive of any charges, fees and/or taxes (excluding foreign currency and travellers cheques) on your NAB Platinum Card and receive comprehensive Overseas Travel Insurance cover for overseas trips up to six months long.
So can anyone suggest whether i would be covered if i pre paid for some hotels etc on the card? I will also be using the card whilst travelling through the USA for 5 weeks.

Thanks
John

Have just changed my useless nab gold visa card(decided i should start getting some reward points) to the NAB Qantas Plat. Card.

I am leaving for overseas next week and have already paid for my flights over, however would like to know if i can take advantage of the travel insurance benefits with this card?

There seem to be some posts on here that say that i need to have paid 100% of my return travel to be insured..however on the website it states:
To qualify, use your card to purchase a minimum of $500 of your prepaid transportation costs (including travel by air, rail, road or watercraft) and/or accommodation costs and/or organised land tour costs all of which are inclusive of any charges, fees and/or taxes (excluding foreign currency and travellers cheques) on your NAB Platinum Card and receive comprehensive Overseas Travel Insurance cover for overseas trips up to six months long.
So can anyone suggest whether i would be covered if i pre paid for some hotels etc on the card? I will also be using the card whilst travelling through the USA for 5 weeks.

Thanks
John

It appears that nab has obtained a new cover from Chubb with effective from 1 June 2011, so now there's no difference in insurance cover and T&C between gold and platinum credit cards and gold debit card. You only need to charge a minimum of $500 in travel costs to your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back