NAB Qantas Gold American Express 50 bonus points offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

markh

Got this email a couple of days ago:

Hello Markh

As a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and NAB Qantas cardholder, you understand the value of Qantas Frequent Flyer points. But how do you maximise the points you earn?

For your next purchase², consider using your NAB Qantas Gold American Express Card to earn points and you could reach your rewards faster.

Great reasons why you should use your NAB Qantas Gold American Express Card

Up to 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point¹ for every dollar you spend on eligible purchases³

50 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points for every eligible purchase² from 1 April to 31 May 2010

Accepted at millions of locations worldwide

Limited time offer valid until 31 May 2010

To further demonstrate the earning power of your NAB Qantas Gold American Express Card, you'll receive 50 bonus points for every eligible purchase² made during 1 April and 31 May 2010.

To make the most of your NAB Qantas Gold American Express Card, start using it today. Explore the many places where your NAB Qantas Gold American Express Card is welcomed at www.amexnetwork.com.au.

Simply use your NAB Qantas Gold American Express Card to get 50 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points for every eligible purchase from 1 April to 31 May 2010.

Important Information

1. Membership and points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. For more information visit qantas.com/frequentflyer

2. Eligible purchases exclude cash advances (including bills paid over the counter at a bank, financial institution or post office and purchases of travellers cheques) or when the card is used as a debit card to access linked accounts or transactions we decide are wholly or partly for a business purpose. Also excludes fees and charges (including government fees and charges), interest charges, transactions which are disputed and fraudulent or payments and purchases which are refunded or reimbursed. Eligible purchases must be processed to your account by 10 June 2010.

3. Points are allocated on a tiered basis, first on your NAB Qantas American Express Card spend, then on your NAB Qantas Visa or NAB Qantas MasterCard spend. You can refer to your NAB Qantas Credit Card Account reward terms and conditions.

Bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points will be allocated to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account by 31 July 2010. If your NAB Qantas Gold card account is closed or replaced by another NAB Credit Card account before your points have been allocated to Qantas Frequent Flyer you will no longer be eligible to receive these bonus points.

American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express

Not as good as the 5,000 points per 5 transactions bonus but better than nothing !!

Happy Easter Everyone :D

Cheers
Markh

Well it is 50 points per eligible purchase. So if you do transaction 20 times, you get 1000 points. Still not too exciting.

Where is the 5000 points per 5 transaction offer?! :)

Well it is 50 points per eligible purchase. So if you do transaction 20 times, you get 1000 points. Still not too exciting.

Where is the 5000 points per 5 transaction offer?! :)
When you find it please let us all know. :D

... So if you do transaction 20 times, you get 1000 points. Still not too exciting....

I was thinking more along the lines of 200 transactions a day ... How many times can you buy Qantas Carbon Credits per day without it being called fradulent ?? ;)

Last edited:
I was thinking more along the lines of 200 transactions a day ... How many times can you buy Qantas Carbon Credits per day without it being called fradulent ?? ;)

Well at least you are protecting the environment!

I want that offer.... but I didn't receive anything from NAB lol...Anyone else got that offer on the NAB platinum?

The email came from Qantas Frequent Flyer, not NAB...

Did anyone else get the email ?

Did anyone else get the email ?

Nope, and I have that card.

Wonder if it's a targeted promotion. If it applies to everyone with that card then I'll be pleased, as I put just about all of my expenses through that card so there's lots of small transactions.

But no where near enough to get me to consider switching.

I think it is targetted at existing card holders to encourage them to use the Amex part. Seems a reasonable promotion for that particular target.

Doesn't seem targetted at getting people to sign up to the card.

Nope, and I have that card.

Wonder if it's a targeted promotion. If it applies to everyone with that card then I'll be pleased, as I put just about all of my expenses through that card so there's lots of small transactions.

I searched the QFF and the NAB websites and could not find any reference to the special.

April Fools Joke ? Better not be ! I have been slamming that card !!

My partner who did not get the email just received his statement and had a brochure with the bonus offer.

Have you had your statement yet Ewing ?

I got this offered by broucher with my statement. I'll be getting some bonus points but only for purchases upto $100 as my other amex gives a better return after that point.

Have you had your statement yet Ewing ?

No statement yet (although it's probably in online banking), but I had an extra entry on my Qantas account activity today:
20100430-nabpoints.png

No complaints from me (although 3188 isn't divisible by 50, so not sure if it's from the offer in this thread or something else) :)

No complaints from me (although 3188 isn't divisible by 50, so not sure if it's from the offer in this thread or something else) :)
Did you buy an airfare with the card? Would the extra point per $ for qantas spend come through as bonus points?

Last edited:
Did you buy an airfare with the card? Would the extra point per $ for qantas spend come through as bonus points?

Yeah, disregard previous post. Just looked at the online statement and went to edit my post, but it was too late :)

Spent $3.2k with Qantas on the card last month. First time I've noticed it itemised separately (and I totally forgot about the 1 bonus point per dollar spent with Qantas).

-Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back