NAB Qantas credit cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

flymehome

Have been lurking in the forums for some time. Have just discovered the new NAB gold and platinum cards in response to the suggestion that QF is moving toward direct sweep cards only.

As a new member I'm unable to post the link, but you should be able to find it based on a search for 'platinum' or 'qantas' on the nab website.

NAB Qantas Platinum Card Features

Points Earn NAB Qantas Platinum American Express Card NAB Qantas VIsa Platinum Card
1.5 points per $1 2 points per $3
With no cap on the number of points you can earn, your points earning power is unlimited!

Annual card fee4 $290.00
Interest free days on purchases5 up to 44 days
Complimentary Insurance7 Overseas Travel Insurance
Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance
Transport Accident Insurance
Domestic Hotel Burglary Insurance
Extended Warranty Insurance
Purchase Protection Insurance
Price Protection Insurance
NAB Platinum Concierge8 Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the world, the NAB Platinum Concierge team consists of experienced professionals willing to help you with the smallest to the largest requests and will do anything to ensure your Concierge experience is second to none.

pretty high price for pretty average deal.
tho other banks also giving coughpy deals now.

pretty high price for pretty average deal.
tho other banks also giving coughpy deals now.
There are easy ways to get a cheap deal with NAB. e.g. those with a choice package don't pay the normal CC fees, just the annual choice package fee.

what's this choice package - they didn't tell me abt it b4.
What fees and benefits?

what's this choice package - they didn't tell me abt it b4.
What fees and benefits?
A Choice package is available if you have a mortgage with NAB. So it's not something that you can just go and get.

The annual package fee is $375, but the benefits are multiple. Basically, most of the "normal" fees are waived - no atm fees, no CC annual fees, no monthly account fees, no loan application fee etc.

About the next best option for those without the required borrowing is probably the Gold Banking, which seems to offer many, but not all, of the same fee waivers as a choice package. In particular I think gold banking has to pay for CCs. It's $12 per month or $5000 deposit.

NAB - NAB Gold Banking

I can't wait... It's coming out on 29 Oct...
Currently using Ant Gold but will change to the platinum once it's out!!!

Although I'm not a big fan with QFF points.... but the concierge service is worth the bucks!!! It's the same concierge service (SOS) with Amex Plat Charge.... :)

Can't wait to call and let them do every boring thing for me !!!

Although I'm not a big fan with QFF points.... but the concierge service is worth the bucks!!! It's the same concierge service (SOS) with Amex Plat Charge.... :)

Can't wait to call and let them do every boring thing for me !!!

How do you know it's the same conceirge service.

And having used the Amex one - the only boring thing is always having to call them to correct things, and to chase them up, and so on. Vastly overrated IMHO

My of my friend who worked in AMEX Plat. told me. (The information should be correct for the past 2-3 years) Unless they changed the company recently, otherwise, it should be SOS International.

Also I don't mind to call up to correct / chase up as long as their wait time is short ... It may not be the best but at least my life will be easier than otherwise.

2 weeks to go!

My NAB Gold rewards card has just turned into a NAB Qantas gold AMEX and Visa ( as if by magic). The AMEX card offers 1000 points for making 3 purchases within 30 days of receiving the card and also entry into a draw for 500,000 points.

My NAB Gold rewards card has just turned into a NAB Qantas gold AMEX and Visa ( as if by magic). The AMEX card offers 1000 points for making 3 purchases within 30 days of receiving the card and also entry into a draw for 500,000 points.

Yea thats part of their auto migration process as NAB is pulling out their reward scheme. I wish I have the draw and the 1000 points scheme too :D

Has anyone been successful in getting the NAB Platinum card fee waived, other than those who have the mortgage choice? program?

No special account with them, the reason they gave me becoz I used to have gold card free for life...Of course the process was very unpleasant.

Has anyone been successful in getting the NAB Platinum card fee waived, other than those who have the mortgage choice? program?
They won't give you a free platinum under the Choice package either. I find this to be quite silly as my wife and I can each get a free card with totals fees equal to that of platinum.

I actually thought the platinum offering was reserved for their nabprivate customers only. I think the minimum limit is also set at $25k.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that to qualify you needed $1m in net assets and a minimum household income of $300k/pa or individually $200k/pa.

I actually thought the platinum offering was reserved for their nabprivate customers only. I think the minimum limit is also set at $25k.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that to qualify you needed $1m in net assets and a minimum household income of $300k/pa or individually $200k/pa.
No that's not correct, you must be thinking of another product.

NAB - Compare NAB Credit Cards

Min credit limit $12000

And in the fine print

Applicants require gross income of $65,000 p.a. or more.

No special account with them, the reason they gave me becoz I used to have gold card free for life...Of course the process was very unpleasant.

I don't have gold or platinum card with NAB but I successfully got annual fee waived on my standard velocity card, maybe banks prefer waiving the fee on standard more than gold & platinum. But that theory doesn't make sense, apparently those people who are holding gold or platinum cards spend much more than standard, can bring more revenue to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back