NAB Changes Sign-Up Bonus Exclusion Period to 24 Months

Good grief!

I applied last week and was approved instantly. (benefits of banking with NAB)

The fine print clearly stated then "must not have received bonus points with in the last eighteen months"
 
I closed the NAB Q premium in June.

As mentioned above I easily opened the signature in Sep.

100,000 points in my Q account this week with the statement.

I find NAB the easiest by far of any bank to deal with.
 
Just to clarify - the exclusion period starts from the last time you received bonus points?
- or from the time you closed your last card?
 
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this, really helpful. I'm still pretty new to the points game — do the bonus points usually post right after hitting the minimum spend, or does it take a full statement cycle? Trying to plan some upcoming travel around it.
 
Looks like NAB's new offers are out and the blackout period for the NAB Qantas stream has now increased from 24 to 36 months.

1790818415432.png

For the NAB Rewards stream, it's still 24 months.

1790818988810.png

I guess the only positive is that according to the wording, the Qantas and Rewards streams are treated as two separate lines of cards - unlike Westpac where it's any Westpac card.
 
Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top