NAB Ant is ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

albyd

Established Member
Hi,

I've had a NAB Ant Amex for some years which has been in the bottom drawer not being used. Just received a letter that they're closing the product down. Have offered to migrate me to the basic velocity or qantas dual card offerings with the same 20000 sign up points as new sign ups which is rare. I've asked if they can give me premium for 40000 points. They've emailed the request off.

Wondering if there are any other Ant card holders and if they've managed to get better than the basic offer.

Albyd.

I've had a NAB Ant Amex for some years which has been in the bottom drawer not being used. Just received a letter that they're closing the product down. Have offered to migrate me to the basic velocity or qantas dual card offerings with the same 20000 sign up points as new sign ups which is rare. I've asked if they can give me premium for 40000 points. They've emailed the request off.

Wondering if there are any other Ant card holders and if they've managed to get better than the basic offer.

Wow, I didn't think there were any other Ant cardholders except for me! :) I also had your thought and decided to call up NAB last week to see if they'd just transfer me over to the Premium 40k offer. After speaking with a polite gentleman with no authority, he transferred me to his unhelpful, script-reading team manager who said the only offer that was available was the 20k offer, which I was not interested in. I told her to leave things as they were and I would decide later. I've since signed up online for the 40k offer, approved already and will move my credit limit from Ant to Premium before closing it.

Good luck in your quest!

I also spoke with them yesterday after a promise to investigate last week. I was similarly told that was the only option.

I'm thinking of going to a branch & trying there otherwise taking up the offer as well as the online premium velocity offer then merge the limits after the points on both cards have been paid.

I also spoke with them yesterday after a promise to investigate last week. I was similarly told that was the only option.

I'm thinking of going to a branch & trying there otherwise taking up the offer as well as the online premium velocity offer then merge the limits after the points on both cards have been paid.

Well, over the phone, they thought the idea of merging limits to be quite cute and totally impossible - would have to undergo a further credit check which I refused, as I don't want to risk another credit query on my record at his juncture.

So am thinking now that maybe I'll also take up the offer of 20k to migrate off Ant to the Velocity Rewards card and be done with it - may as well, nothing to lose.

I finally caved and took the offer yesterday but couldn't do it over the phone had to mall them their little slip.

I finally caved and took the offer yesterday but couldn't do it over the phone had to mall them their little slip.

Yep, I did the same. Just waiting for the Ant account to convert to Velocity now.

Ditto here. The guy I spoke to last week said I was the first call he had taken about it, he did some searching but then confirmed the only way to process it was with the slip. Nothing he could do over the phone! Seemed wired to me but dutifully popped the slip in the snail mail, now awaiting the cards.

Ditto here. The guy I spoke to last week said I was the first call he had taken about it, he did some searching but then confirmed the only way to process it was with the slip. Nothing he could do over the phone! Seemed wired to me but dutifully popped the slip in the snail mail, now awaiting the cards.

I just checked my NAB IB and they still haven't processed the change - has it come through for you?

Not yet. I called the call center during the week to make sure id selected velocity rather than qff but they couldn't tell yet. Sounds like a different team is processing them. Didn't think there were that many of us Ant holders left.

i feel a bit left out as i called up last month and asked them to convert my card to the velocity card or i would close it as it wasn't earning flybuy points. finally they transferred my call to retentions dept and agreed to give me a basic velocity card with no annual free for life but no bonus points. i should have waited to receive this offer and gotten the bonus points. a bit late now i guess? are they offering you guys no annaul fee for life too? what about the platinum velocity card are they offering you guys this one with no annaul fee?

Full annual fee as I see it and only the standard card. I used the HUACA method to see if someone else would let me upgrade to premium rather than basic and get the bigger sign in bonus but no dice. No one would/could budge.

Albyd.

Full annual fee as I see it and only the standard card. I used the HUACA method to see if someone else would let me upgrade to premium rather than basic and get the bigger sign in bonus but no dice. No one would/could budge.

I got the amount of the annual fee credited (the credit has already appeared on my account) but that was a once-off goodwill gesture. Once the card is converted to Velocity, the annual fee will hit and zero out the credit.

Anyone got their new standard velocity card yet? Mine still not processed. Found another reminder in the mail. Not sure what's going on there. Drop dead date of 22 July. Hopefully they process it this time.

Anyone got their new standard velocity card yet? Mine still not processed. Found another reminder in the mail. Not sure what's going on there. Drop dead date of 22 July. Hopefully they process it this time.

I also got a reminder letter. Haven't got the card yet, but on NAB IB, I can see they've made the switch from Ant to Velocity and there is an online letter with the details of the new card account. I called them up and gave them my Velocity number as they didn't request it on the form I originally sent in - how did they expect to deposit the 20k into my Velocity account without knowing the number? :confused:

Called them no sign of having received mine. I've just posted it again. They promised to call tomorrow to see if they can migrate me over the phone & still get the sign up points.

Gave them my velocity # to put on my file :)

Called them no sign of having received mine. I've just posted it again. They promised to call tomorrow to see if they can migrate me over the phone & still get the sign up points.

My Velocity branded cards arrived today, so it appears things are pretty much in order from here. I don't think any spend is required to get the 20k but will probably throw a few transactions on there just in case.

My Velocity branded cards arrived today, so it appears things are pretty much in order from here. I don't think any spend is required to get the 20k but will probably throw a few transactions on there just in case.

I spoke too soon... I received a letter from Velocity yesterday stating that a new Velocity account had been opened in my name - this is weird because I didn't request it - this is even though I gave NAB my existing Velocity membership number when the card account was opened. I called NAB and they confirmed that 20,000 points had been transferred to the newly opened Velocity account for reasons unknown. My online NAB statement shows I have earned a bonus of 20,000 points but they haven't hit the account as yet. Velocity recommended that once the points have transferred into the new account, to call back and they will merge the account balances and close the newly created account.

I asked for QFF points, got the cards this week but no points credited yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back