Myer and Priceline talk Loyalty and Experiential Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

basic

Intern
Myer One and Priceline, along with a Monash University researcher, say that experiential rewards are becoming a retail industry imperative.

Personally I prefer rewards that are up front, like exclusive sales and instant discounts. What do you prefer?

The Article

-Me

I believe that it would be more correct to say that:

"some shoppers enjoy experiential rewards and are becoming a retail industry imperative" and

"some shoppers enjoy upfront rewards."

A case of having to craft campaigns to meet both (and many more) retail preferences.

I must say that I have been impressed with the way Myer are able to target and control their rewards programs via their direct mail efforts to MyerOne cardholders. They can be running a 40% off special on selected items without the big signs cheapening the product in-store.

Interestingly, I dont usually respond to their campaigns and I didn't even use my birthday discount voucher this year.

I would prefer the bigger rewards, that look achievable and not out of reach, than having a whole lot of smaller rewards.

Interestingly, I dont usually respond to their campaigns and I didn't even use my birthday discount voucher this year.
Eh? I didn't get one of these, and my birthday was a couple of weeks ago. I think they stuffed up something with my application, 'coz I had to ring them up to even get my card in the first place.

Other than that, good program, with pretty good benefits. Looking forward to my first reward voucher on their next run.

I hadn't thought about it till today, but I didn't get a birthday voucher this year. Mind you, that may be because my prevous ones expired without being used

I hadn't thought about it till today, but I didn't get a birthday voucher this year. Mind you, that may be because my prevous ones expired without being used
That is an interesting point. I or Mrs Alby usually use the birthday voucher each year. I wonder if I will get it next year.

On that subject, I wonder if everyoone in the house should have individual cards and the household receive 4 x birthday vouchers. Only use 1 per purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back