Mini trip Qatar Qsuites Cbr to JFK | Page 14 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Mini trip Qatar Qsuites Cbr to JFK

Flying mermaid

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
When we landed in Sydney there was someone with a list of transit passengers who ticked us off and told us where to go.

Once through security it was up to the Qantas lounge for a two hour wait and then on the plane again. So much better than collecting luggage and having to check it in again and then get the bus over to Domestic.

Last edited:

Flying mermaid

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Quick hop to Canberra. Through immigration and customs with 20 other people and then home to a raucous welcome from all the puppies.

Apart from a quick trip to Fiji with friends in August, I am probably hanging up my wings until I get my health issues sorted out. However Qatar are now top of our list. Loved the suites, staff and food and the ease of flying in and out of Canberra was wonderful!

JohnM

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm looking at flying QR CBR-DOH on the second sector of my DONEx next year. I was initially looking at PER-SYD-DOH as the first sectors. Although PER-CBR is not so good for aircraft type as PER-SYD, it means I can visit friends in CBR - and catch up with some AFFers ;) - while making the most of QR :). Expect me around the last week of April 2020 :eek::p.

Daver6

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm looking at flying QR CBR-DOH on the second sector of my DONEx next year. I was initially looking at PER-SYD-DOH as the first sectors. Although PER-CBR is not so good for aircraft type as PER-SYD, it means I can visit friends in CBR - and catch up with some AFFers ;) - while making the most of QR :). Expect me around the last week of April 2020 :eek::p.
I don't like the timing of the PER-CBR flight either. Why not fly PER-MEL/SYD-CBR first? You know the old rule, why fly direct when you can connect ;)

JohnM

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I don't like the timing of the PER-CBR flight either. Why not fly PER-MEL/SYD-CBR first? You know the old rule, why fly direct when you can connect ;)
Because it is part of a DONEx and I don't have the sectors to play with. All 16 are being used. It's either PER-SYD and pick up the DOH flight from there or PER-CBR, stop over to visit friends, and then pick up the DOH flight from there. So a domestic sector compromise to meet other objectives.

I could position to CBR separately, but then I would have a DONEx sector unused - and that would just not do!

LadyC

AFF Supporter
Thanks for your TR. Your travels with Qatar looked good and there was definitely plenty of drool worthy food photos also!

OZDUCK

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Thanks for a lovely TR. You certainly seemed to have got a lot out of your trip. I too have enjoyed all my QR flights - only six so far. I hope to try out the J Suites soon.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockitinbuddy