Macquarie Bank takes over from HSBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter_Plinge

Just received a fat envelope from Woolworths Money advising that from 26-10-14 Macquarie Bank will be the card provider. The card will be renamed Woolworths Money Qantas Platinum Credit Card. Annual fee for one card goes up to $139; additional cards $29. As far as I can tell other terms and conditions are the same.

If this means a new website, one that works effectively (unlike the present rubbish), I suppose it will be worth it. With any luck it will mean faster processing times.

I also just received the letter but can't find any mention to whether it will remain uncapped or if points transfer will remain the same. Which I thought was odd, when all other aspects where mentioned.

I also just received the letter but can't find any mention to whether it will remain uncapped or if points transfer will remain the same. Which I thought was odd, when all other aspects where mentioned.

All the same in that regard. At their option they may at some time change the uncapped present arrangement. Points transfer unchanged.

With a virtual doubling of the annual fee for 2 cards, the hassles to come of changing online access, the fact that pay@pump convenience has gone, I'm cutting up my card and transferring my regular payments to another one before the deadline on 26th October. There are plenty of other cards with no fee for the first year and bonus QFF points up for grabs. If they had offered a sweetener or two like that, I might have stayed with them. Elsewhere on this forum there are huge complaints about Macquarie customer service and online access which is also off-putting.

When does the new annual fee kick in - after the HSBC one expires only I hope!

Well, glad I had already moved away from this card to the Citi Signature free-for-life. I will hold onto it until the next, non-removable annual fee. If they comp the card I'll keep it as a backup.

I got the letter also. Looks like it is time to bin this card especially I have Citi Signature with no annual fees for life.

With a virtual doubling of the annual fee for 2 cards, the hassles to come of changing online access, the fact that pay@pump convenience has gone, I'm cutting up my card and transferring my regular payments to another one before the deadline on 26th October. There are plenty of other cards with no fee for the first year and bonus QFF points up for grabs. If they had offered a sweetener or two like that, I might have stayed with them. Elsewhere on this forum there are huge complaints about Macquarie customer service and online access which is also off-putting.
Same here. Already changed all payments. Increased annual fee and fees for paper statements - no thank you. I wonder if HSBC would be willing to transfer the account to one of their cards with a nice offer. I don't need another credit check on my file though.

Just called up and told them I would be cancelling my card as well as the card of my wife. I want nothing to do with macquarie. Person I spoke wasn't overly concerned, certainly nothing offered to help me stay. The other galling thing is that I have just inherited a sizable chunk of woolies shares, that was of no interest to them either.

Cancelled mine today due the annual fee increase.. Makes me feel good to cancel one card.... ill use my free ANZ for a bit longer before the 1st annual fee turns up on that. Luckily I'm not rich enough to reach the new spend limits.

I received the fat envelope today also. It mentions no reward points earned on GST and government charges, so maybe no ATO points.

I received someone else's documents so they will need to go back as a return to sender seeing the phone call to Woolworths Money was a time waster.

I don't think I can justify $139 for this card. Like a previous poster said, Citibank has direct sweep for $49. I'm thinking to warehouse the Citibank points and use Earth Black for QFF - that way I am getting points that can be used on a few airlines.

I am a salary/wage earner who either gets minimal refunds or pays minimal extra tax, so no ATO doesn't bother me. I checked and my annual fee is due early November, so just miss out on squeezing another year in.

:(:( There will be no points for ATO PAYMENTS so off it goes to the rubbish bin
It aaas good while it lasted but nothing last FOREVER.
SO OFF TO FIND ANOTHER CARD.

:(:( There will be no points for ATO PAYMENTS so off it goes to the rubbish bin
It aaas good while it lasted but nothing last FOREVER.
SO OFF TO FIND ANOTHER CARD.

How do you know that? Other MQ cards earn at ATO ... Jetstar does.

There has been no mention of ATO points being discontinued. I've just been debited for renewal but will cancel next July.

Any idea regarding whether points can still be earned for bpay payments?

I rang them to find out if you would receive any points for government payments like rates and they said NO. so I then inquired about ATO which was given the same advice NO.

I rang them to find out if you would receive any points for government payments like rates and they said NO. so I then inquired about ATO which was given the same advice NO.

Sigh. .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back