Loyalty Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashback

Enthusiast
Was just having a look through my MR statement and noticed this:

21/07/2009 2,000 bonus point loyalty award 0 2,000 2,000

Has anyone else seen a similar thing come in, or have any idea what triggers it?

Well I got it too (21/7). No idea why (I must've been loyal! I cant recall any promotion or signup)

With my previous experience Amex will retract the points shortly.....:rolleyes:

Well I got it too (21/7). No idea why (I must've been loyal! I cant recall any promotion or signup)

With my previous experience Amex will retract the points shortly.....:rolleyes:

To add to it, I've had the card for 11.5 months now, and earned approx. 180,000 points through spend on the card. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I transferred a very large number of points recently, leaving me a near nil balance in my MR account. A couple of days later I received a very nice letter in the mail, thanking me for my loyalty to Amex. Just to clarify, I wasn't promised any bonus points.

Just checked my account...... and.......no bonus.
Oh well, I'm used to it.

Last edited:
Nothing here, and I just transferred a huge chunk of points to VS. I'm not loved. :(

Maybe it's because I'm only a Gold, i.e. middle child syndrome, just like a QF SG (not a junior elite, but not the top dog either - smack bang in the middle)....

Would be interesting to see how long docjames has a) been with AMEX b) had his particular type of card :?:

Member since 04, platinum just over 12 months on a corporate offer $295pa, was gold 04-08. Having just gone into my second year as platinum maybe it was for "renewing" (even though this happens automatically unless you cancel? Sneaky buggers bill it on the last day of the billing cycle :evil:)

Also, I rechecked, it just says bonus, there's no mention of "loyalty" in the staement.

I'm in ascent (non-QF transfer ie. old ascent).

My points balance was in double digits after using points and QFF transfers just prior to the free QF transfer period ending (?March 31st was it?)

Well, finally checked my PO Box. There was a cardboard flyer in it, letting me know about the 2,000 bonus points. It says it is for "using my card regularly, even for expenses such as small purchases as the supermarket" (I have a few $5-10 transactions), so mystery solved!

Well, finally checked my PO Box. There was a cardboard flyer in it, letting me know about the 2,000 bonus points. It says it is for "using my card regularly, even for expenses such as small purchases as the supermarket" (I have a few $5-10 transactions), so mystery solved!

Interesting idea. I wonder how many people got it. I didn't, but then the number of smallish transactions I make has tailed off this year, for some reason :)

Interesting idea. I wonder how many people got it. I didn't, but then the number of smallish transactions I make has tailed off this year, for some reason :)

Heh:!: I've always used my AMEX for every possible transaction, the promo never changed my habits in that regard as I was already doing it anyway, why pay cash when you can earn 1.5 points per dollar :mrgreen:

I have a Platinum Credit Card with "New Ascent" - no bonii for moi. :-|
No bonus for me either. Any idea why the change to "New Ascent"? It does not appear to offer anything special over what "Ascent" offered. I noticed the change shortly after the 31/03/2009 deadline in the campaign by Qantas for people to switch to Qantas co-branded credit cards....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back