Local champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltan82

I capped out at 10,000pts on my amex plat and have started to push my non supermarket and petrol spend onto the green charge to get some extra local champ points. Tonight I checked my amex plat local champ though and the cap appears to have been lifted as I now have about 13500 pts showing. Does anyone know if the cap has changed? Has anyone else surpassed 10k if so what are you up to?

I reached 10,000 points months ago. Just checked the app it's still capped at 10,000 points. Platinum Edge here.

I had a message that local champ was extended and the cap lifted sometime in the last few months.

To clarify mine is also plat edge....

Medhead - Do you know what they lifted it too, or did they abolish the cap altogether? I sometimes get to by several ,000's in gift cards on my 3pt/$ card, but getting 4pt/$ is super sweet!

To clarify mine is also plat edge....

Medhead - Do you know what they lifted it too, or did they abolish the cap altogether? I sometimes get to by several ,000's in gift cards on my 3pt/$ card, but getting 4pt/$ is super sweet!

I really can't remember the details. I thought it was 10000. I'm currently sitting on 10500 bonus points. But it also says I haven't earned in the last 30 days despite numerous purchases in that time.

T&Cs still state that the limit is 10000 points. The app shows my points earned as 4800 odd which is totally incorrect - I have earned a lot more than that amount.

I also have Plat Edge. Passed 10K bonus points about a month ago and still receiving 4 points per dollar.

Anyone got a Small Business Green and have it linked to local champion. I have been have ongoing, fruitless discussions with AMEX. It's in their T+c's that it qualifies but the refuse to add it for me. Missing out on many thousands of points as a result:mad:

As an update. I'm back down to 10000. I wish they would remove the cap, I'd have an extra 30000.

I've noticed an interesting quirk at my local Dan Murphy's since gaining local champion status there. I'm now getting two points per $ with an extra point per $ for a total of 3 MR points per $. No complaints but very interesting to see!

I've noticed an interesting quirk at my local Dan Murphy's since gaining local champion status there. I'm now getting two points per $ with an extra point per $ for a total of 3 MR points per $. No complaints but very interesting to see!

Scurried off to check .... me too

Looking at my account - 2 transactions dated 1st December - Local Champion Bonus points totalling 135. No idea what they are for, but thanks Amex :)Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 6.47.03 AM.jpg

I have a samsung too but was able to set up my local champion stores using my son's iphone downloading the app then deleting it. Obviously there is a degree of trust involved in borrowing someone else's phone to do this and it's more difficult to chop and change stores. The extra points at WW and Coles mount up well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back