Load Qantas Cash and earn 5,000 Qantas Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

defurax

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
I received this offer this morning and immediately loaded AU$1000 on my card...but now I'm confused because the email says AU$1000 equivalent in foreign currency and the website says AU $1000 or equivalent in foreign currency. Now I'm not sure if I will get the 5000 points, should I trust the email or the website?

From the email:
~ You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer Member to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points is subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program available at qantas.com. To be eligible to receive the 5,000 bonus points you must be the recipient of this email, register by clicking the button in the body of the email and load a minimum of AU$1000 equivalent in foreign currency in one transaction on your Qantas Cash facility within 21 days of receiving this email. The bonus points will appear in your account within 6-8 weeks after the offer has closed. Limit one per person.

From the website:
^ You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer Member to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points is subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program available at qantas.com. To be eligible to receive the 5,000 bonus points you must have received an email from Qantas Frequent Flyer outlining the offer, register by clicking the button in the body of the email, loaded a minimum AU $1000 or equivalent in foreign currency in one transaction by within 21 days of receiving the email containing the offer. The bonus points will appear in your account 6-8 weeks after the promotion has closed. Limit one per person.

Another bonus point offer to tempt people to start using. However the last one was 2500 pts for $250, whereas this is 5000 pts for $1000, so not as good 'value' for the one-time-bonus-point-hunter.

Another bonus point offer to tempt people to start using. However the last one was 2500 pts for $250, whereas this is 5000 pts for $1000, so not as good 'value' for the one-time-bonus-point-hunter.

Well, in this offer they don't ask you to spend any money. So I'm planning on tranferring back the $1000 in my bank account after getting the 5000 points.

How so, given you dont have to spend the money? More points for nothing is always going to be better value.

Well, in this offer they don't ask you to spend any money. So I'm planning on tranferring back the $1000 in my bank account after getting the 5000 points.

Aha, a subtle difference. So possibly a better offer after all!

From the email:
~ and load a minimum of AU$1000 equivalent in foreign currency in one transaction on your Qantas Cash facility within 21 days of receiving this email.

The previous targeted email 25/3 ($250 for 2500pt) said "spend at least AU$250 or equivalent in foreign currency within 21 days". As English is my second language (after Glaswegian) perhaps a native speaker can comment on the impact of this use of a coordinating conjunction?

The previous targeted email 25/3 ($250 for 2500pt) said "spend at least AU$250 or equivalent in foreign currency within 21 days". As English is my second language (after Glaswegian) perhaps a native speaker can comment on the impact of this use of a coordinating conjunction?
Unfortunately I have yet to receive this mail, anyone who has had both offers?

Unfortunately I have yet to receive this mail, anyone who has had both offers?

I received the $250/2500 points offer, but I did not act on it. Before transferring $1000 this morning I had never put any money on my Qantas card.

They're getting just a touch desperate aren't they. :rolleyes:

None of the accounts received this offer.

I am hoping they will increase the offer sometime again future.

I took up the $250/2500 offer and I'm fine with that as there's no way I would be loading $1000

Don't they charge you a fee for having the card active but not using it? No point in activating it for me really... Citbank + 28 Degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back