Leeway for missing minimum spend for Altitude Card bonus points

AirportRail

I foolishly missed the minimum spend ($6k in 90 days) on my Westpac/St George Altitude credit card.

Has anyone had any luck calling up the bank and getting them to issue bonus points despite not meeting the minimum spend?

I think I already know the answer, but I'm really kicking myself for this 😂

An update, I called the bank to plead my case. I was told that it was not practice to issue rewards points if a minimum spend was not met as they would not be upholding the terms and conditions of the card.

During my call it was identified that my card was incorrectly labeled or configured showing just as a Bank Awards card not a Qantas FF card (despite my card having been earning Qantas points). They said they needed to investigate and would call me to follow up.

Fast forward a week, I haven't had a call back but 90,000 Qantas points have hit my account.

So I don't know if:
  • a) the system originally recognized me as having met the spending target
  • b) my request to have points issued as a gesture of goodwill worked, or
  • c) the bank made a mistake setting up my card and have issued the points to avoid further escalation.
Whatever the reason, I am happy and they have kept me satisfied as a customer.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back