June statement credits 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkybelle

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Just saw vintage cellars spend $100 get $20

• Offer only applies to spend on this Card. It does not apply to spend on any supplementary Cards on this account or any other American Express Cards you might hold. Supplementary Cards qualify as an Eligible Card only if the Card is saved for the offer separately.
  • Card Members must register by saving this offer to this Card and spend $100 or more on their registered Card at Vintage Cellars in-store or online at Vintage Cellars, in one or more transactions, between 3/6/14 and 30/6/14 to receive a $20 statement credit.
  • Participation is limited to the first 10,000 Cards to register.
  • Purchases made through concession stores in department stores; online aggregators such as PayPal or other retailers are excluded.
  • Statement credit is normally issued within 3-5 days of the eligible spend, but may take up to 8 weeks to appear in your account.
  • Statement credit may not be applied to your Card Account if it has been suspended or cancelled and may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned or cancelled.
Full terms and conditions available here
harvey norman spend $150 get $30 and

paxtons
OFFER TERMS

• Offer only applies to spend on this Card. It does not apply to spend on any supplementary Cards on this account or any other American Express Cards you might hold. Supplementary Cards qualify as an Eligible Card only if the Card is saved for the offer separately.
  • Card Members must register by saving this offer to this Card and spend $300 or more on their registered Card instore or online at paxtons.com.au, in one or more transactions, between 3/6/14 and 30/6/14 to receive a $50 statement credit.
  • Participation is limited to the first 4,000 Cards to register.
  • Purchases made through online aggregators such as PayPal or other retailers are excluded.
  • Statement credit is normally issued within 3-5 days of the eligible spend, but may take up to 8 weeks to appear in your account.
  • Statement credit may not be applied to your Card Account if it has been suspended or cancelled and may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned or cancelled.
Full terms and conditions available here

a few others inc Country Road spend $90 get $30

All enrolled but given who they are what looks like a 20% discount is probably only 5-10%.

Depending on what you're after Harvey Norman will price match at times so you can always find the cheapest and try for a price match. I managed to do this with The Good Guys over the weekend (offer now expired) and even managed to pay 1/2 1/2 with two Amex cards for two lots of cash back :) And for Vintage Cellars, just buy a Coles Myer gift card to claim the cashback.

Also we can buy giftcard in Hardly Normal, right?

Vintage Cellars for Coles giftcar is a good idea. Check T&C soon.

Also we can buy giftcard in Hardly Normal, right?

Vintage Cellars for Coles giftcar is a good idea. Check T&C soon.

Can't see anything about exclusions for gift cards from HN in the T&C. But HN seem to only stock HN gift cards so not that useful, unless you want to buy something after the expiry period.

Just used the country road deal. CR has 50% off at the moment with a further 25% off for VIP members. I got 2 bath sheets 2 hand towels a bathmat and face washer for $65 after statement credit. Very nice. There towels are very good quality I have bought them before and Sheridan. After 1 yr Sheridan looked like rags. After 10 years CR were like new.

this is from the VC deal
The following are not Eligible Transactions:

1. Purchasing a merchant's goods through a third party, such as through a online aggregator, such as PayPal or other retailers
  2. Transactions that are subsequently cancelled or refunded
  3. Purchasing Gift Cards

this is from the VC deal
The following are not Eligible Transactions:

1. Purchasing a merchant's goods through a third party, such as through a online aggregator, such as PayPal or other retailers
  2. Transactions that are subsequently cancelled or refunded
  3. Purchasing Gift Cards

Bummer - there goes the Coles gift cards option :(

Bummer - there goes the Coles gift cards option :(

Without giving any guarantees would have to suggest there have been a number of times when T&Cs say gift cards excluded but reality is different. I have worked in payment systems and am unaware how Amex would know, the request sent is for an amount rather than a breakdown of what you bought for that amount when I was working in this area.

Without giving any guarantees would have to suggest there have been a number of times when T&Cs say gift cards excluded but reality is different. I have worked in payment systems and am unaware how Amex would know, the request sent is for an amount rather than a breakdown of what you bought for that amount when I was working in this area.

May not be as efficient but buying some minimum value genuine item AND gift card seems to work as a way around for many of the T&C exclusions. I suspect they scan for $50, $100 etc transactions to ferret out GCs. So $105.10 gets through. Programmers are not what they used to be ...

Regardless of the value, gift cards have always counted, for the last several years on EVERY offer of this nature.

I would just do it and write it off to experience if they one day figured out how to avoid this.

May not be as efficient but buying some minimum value genuine item AND gift card seems to work as a way around for many of the T&C exclusions. I suspect they scan for $50, $100 etc transactions to ferret out GCs. So $105.10 gets through. Programmers are not what they used to be ...
I seem to remember you might have some ability to distinguish transaction at the total level (e.g. if its ALL a cash withdrawal) but if you buy something else it would most likely go through as a "mixed" code which removes their ability to identify this. Programmers can of course only work with what they get and Amex gets an approval request for the total amount not a breakdown of everything you have bought.

I seem to remember you might have some ability to distinguish transaction at the total level (e.g. if its ALL a cash withdrawal) but if you buy something else it would most likely go through as a "mixed" code which removes their ability to identify this. Programmers can of course only work with what they get and Amex gets an approval request for the total amount not a breakdown of everything you have bought.

I bought a bottle of wine and a 100$ gift voucher. Received a congrats email from amex straight away. I expect my credit to post Monday. In effect the wine was free.

Regardless of the value, gift cards have always counted, for the last several years on EVERY offer of this nature.

I would just do it and write it off to experience if they one day figured out how to avoid this.

I can confirm that this is still the case as of a few days ago, statement credit has been posted.

New offers Sydney duty free spend $100 get $30 and
Target spend $50 get $10
masters spend $125 get $25

I usually buy the little 200 ml bottles great for parties! so 12 of those for $70 isnt bad buying.

Weird I got 3 of them on the 3 cards but only one target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back